ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your help please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martinb1
Newly Registered

Need your help please!

Post by martinb1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for reading and any advice offered.

I intend on sending of my naturalisation application this week, as early as tomorrow. My only one query is this: My main professional referee is an Accountant whom I have known for several years and recently got married to my cousin. Since she isn't directly related to me and doesnt have our family name, Im hoping this wont pose any problems.

My second referee is a Paralegal (Job title given by solicitor firm he works in) although not a member of the association of paralegals.

If my main referee (the accountant) cannot qualify as my referee, can my paralegal then be my professional referee?

Thanks again for any help offered. Would be appreciated.

Ps. I have searched the forum but no specific info on my situation regarding indirect relation etc.
Last edited by martinb1 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinb1
Newly Registered

Post by martinb1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Please help..., desperate for some advice,

thanks

martinb1
Newly Registered

Post by martinb1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 pm

anyone?

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Please read the guidance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Need your help please!

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:55 pm

martinb1 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks in advance for reading and any advice offered.

I intend on sending of my naturalisation application this week, as early as tomorrow. My only one query is this: My main professional referee is an Accountant whom I have known for several years and recently got married to my cousin. Since she isn't directly related to me and doesnt have our family name, Im hoping this wont pose any problems.

My second referee is a Paralegal (Job title given by solicitor firm he works in) although not a member of the association of paralegals.

If my main referee (the accountant) cannot qualify as my referee, can my paralegal then be my professional referee?

Thanks again for any help offered. Would be appreciated.

Ps. I have searched the forum but no specific info on my situation regarding indirect relation etc.
There is a risk that he could be considered related to you because of your marriage, even if a very distant relative. The Paralegal should be a Certified or Qualified Paralegal or an Associate Member of the Institute of Paralegals.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.