ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation, please advice me

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark123
Newly Registered

Naturalisation, please advice me

Post by mark123 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi
I applied for Naturalisation in Jun 2006, I am still waiting until now, every time when I call them, I get told that, they are waiting for the result of external checks, I have received a letter in October telling me that they are now doing external enquiries, I am really worried and I don’t k now why its taking that long time , its now 10 months since I applied and 5.5 months since the external checks started . any advice or help will be much appreciated .

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:41 am

What is your nationality?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

mark123
Newly Registered

Post by mark123 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:09 pm

My nationality is Iraqi

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:14 pm

Unfortunately it's a sad fact that certain nationalities are subject to far more scrutiny than others when applying for British naturalisation.

I'm sure you can appreciate why applications from Iraqi citizens would probably take longer than most.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

mark123
Newly Registered

Post by mark123 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:16 pm

Is there any thing from my side that I would do to speed it up ? example , letter from MP or Letter from my lawer ....

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Unfortunately not. There are quite a few other posts in this forum from people in the same situation as you. There doesn't seem much you can do expect wait. As long as you know that your application is in the system you should just be patient and wait.

As a comparison, in the Republic of Ireland naturalisation applications take over 24 months to process for straightforward applications.

mark123
Newly Registered

Post by mark123 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:30 pm

The average six months processing time, is this the time taken for external checks or the whole application ( start to finish ) ? when I applied ( beginning of Jun 2006 ), I did not have 12 Months ILR,I only had 7 Months ILR, but I used discretion as my ILR took very long to be processed , the external checks for my Naturalisation application started in October , could that be the reason why its taking that long time ? have I done a mistake when I applied early ?