ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help in filling Form Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darkhorse10

Help in filling Form Set(O)

Post by darkhorse10 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for ILR early June. To give a brief about my details,

My initial visa was granted on 27th June 2008, and I have arrived in UK on 2nd August, 2008. My wife's visa was granted from 2nd Dec, 2008 and arrived on the same day. We had a second extension which is valid until 28th August 2014. Yet I want to apply as early as possible for ILR as I want to apply MN1 for my son (born in UK).

I am filling in the application (Form Set O) and found few areas tough to fill in, hence seeking your help/advice on how to fill it.

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, both of you, regularly give you money?

My confusion here is my wife earns too. She works in the same organisation as I do. Should I say YES for the above question?

5.6 The table here has Income source, Interval received and amount. If I say YES to 5.4 I would be filling in this with the same income source twice? Is that right? Or should I clearly mention that one is my salary and other is my wife's salary?

6.2 The first absence I need to mention here is the delay in arrival to UK which is 37 days after the initial grant. What would be date left the UK and Date returned to UK? What is appropriate to put in the reason for absence?

6.3 There is a check box saying original official documents. I had to go on compassionate leave when my mother-in-law passed away in 2009. I am not sure if I can get a death certificate for that. Any idea how to approach this?

7.11 What should I be filling in here? Should I consider from the date of initial grant (approximately 4yrs 11months) or date of first arrival in UK(approximately 4yrs 10months)?

7.12 Should I just mention "Family Ties" or else mention in detail about family ties?

9D1 I assume that I can tick YES for this option as I am within 28 days of completing 5 years? Am I right here?

11 A What is considered as "documentary evidence of cohabitation since the last granted leave"?

Thanks in advance.

Nik

ilrapplicant2013

Re: Help in filling Form Set(O)

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 am

Started answering , but urgent work, will respond other later.
darkhorse10 wrote:Hi,

My initial visa was granted on 27th June 2008, and I have arrived in UK on 2nd August, 2008. My wife's visa was granted from 2nd Dec, 2008 and arrived on the same day. We had a second extension which is valid until 28th August 2014. Yet I want to apply as early as possible for ILR as I want to apply MN1 for my son (born in UK).

I am filling in the application (Form Set O) and found few areas tough to fill in, hence seeking your help/advice on how to fill it.

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, both of you, regularly give you money?

My confusion here is my wife earns too. She works in the same organisation as I do. Should I say YES for the above question?

No.
This question is intended for your funding and finances, basically they want to know if you & your wife are dependent on others to provide you funds. Wife doesnt count mate :)

5.6 The table here has Income source, Interval received and amount. If I say YES to 5.4 I would be filling in this with the same income source twice? Is that right? Or should I clearly mention that one is my salary and other is my wife's salary?
You just fill in your income details.

6.2 The first absence I need to mention here is the delay in arrival to UK which is 37 days after the initial grant. What would be date left the UK and Date returned to UK? What is appropriate to put in the reason for absence?
No, fill in when you first left uk.

6.3 There is a check box saying original official documents. I had to go on compassionate leave when my mother-in-law passed away in 2009. I am not sure if I can get a death certificate for that. Any idea how to approach this?
How long was this ?
Preferable to have the official documents, but thinking aloud a few approaches,

1. If you are getting an employment letter, try to get that in the reason for absence.
2. Any hospital documents etc ?
3. a self declaration letter from your end, could also do, depending on the lengh. This isnt a proof but just a declaration, and giving genuine reasons as to why you can not produce the necessary docs. So better have sound reason.
But again if someone with actual experience can comment take thier word.

7.11 What should I be filling in here? Should I consider from the date of initial grant (approximately 4yrs 11months) or date of first arrival in UK(approximately 4yrs 10months)?

Either date is fine.color]

7.12 Should I just mention "Family Ties" or else mention in detail about family ties?

Just say family, or family & friends, No details are required.
I had written, Born, Nationality, Friends & Family

9D1 I assume that I can tick YES for this option as I am within 28 days of completing 5 years? Am I right here?

Are you applying through accelerated route of settlement ?

11 A What is considered as "documentary evidence of cohabitation since the last granted leave"?

Thanks in advance.

Nik
Last edited by ilrapplicant2013 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks mate. I will wait for the remaining stuff.
[/quote]

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:40 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:Started answering , but urgent work, will respond other later.

No.
This question is intended for your funding and finances, basically they want to know if you & your wife are dependent on others to provide you funds. Wife doesnt count mate :)

How long was this ? It was for 13 days.

1. If you are getting an employment letter, try to get that in the reason for absence.
Haven't got any, but trying to get death certificate from India. Hopeful it gets here
3. a self declaration letter from your end, could also do, depending on the lengh. This isnt a proof but just a declaration, and giving genuine reasons as to why you can not produce the necessary docs. So better have sound reason.

Because you didnt arrive within 28 days, I would prefer going after actual 5 year completion, doesnt do much harm!

Its a bit tight here. I have to apply for our ILR and then apply for MN1 for our kid and need to go India. It will be almost 2 yrs our families haven't seen our kid. Also after MN1 (6 weeks), Passport (45 days), Surrender of passport (dont know how long) and a Long term visa (Indian embassy, 45 days) is like lot of work and it does look like we got a tight schedule there.

On the other note, I raised a complaint about the decision they have given for my extension (the visa was granted from date of application rather than date of expiry which forced us to apply for another extension to cover those 6 weeks). UKBA agreed that and sent me a letter in which it stated like this
"Our records show that you were granted an Entry Clearance on 27 June 2008 for three years until 27 June 2011. You entered the UK on 2 August 2008 and therefore you would have completed 5 years residency on 27 June 2013.

You applied for a Tier 1 General extension at Solihull PEO on 5th May 2011. At this time your new leave period was calculated as two years from the date your application received an outcome (5th May 2013). This was incorrect and your leave should have been calculated from the date your previous leave expired (27th June 2013); as your application was received within three months of its expiry."
So I believe I could still apply anytime within 28days of 27th June, 2013. What do you say?

Are you applying through accelerated route of settlement ? No

???

Thanks in advance.

Nik

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm

On the 28 day thing, I had already corrected mate after checking once. I think you read my post before that.

Ask them to just scan the deat certificated, and take a coloured print out, you will be fine.

Oh Ok, I referred to section 9D which was for accelerated settlement, Yes. you can say you have been here 5 years.

darkhorse10 wrote:
ilrapplicant2013 wrote:Started answering , but urgent work, will respond other later.

No.

How long was this ? It was for 13 days.

Haven't got any, but trying to get death certificate from India. Hopeful it gets here

Because you didnt arrive within 28 days, I would prefer going after actual 5 year completion, doesnt do much harm!

Its a bit tight here. I have to apply for our ILR and then apply for MN1 for our kid and need to go India. It will be almost 2 yrs our families haven't seen our kid. Also after MN1 (6 weeks), Passport (45 days), Surrender of passport (dont know how long) and a Long term visa (Indian embassy, 45 days) is like lot of work and it does look like we got a tight schedule there.

On the other note, I raised a complaint about the decision they have given for my extension (the visa was granted from date of application rather than date of expiry which forced us to apply for another extension to cover those 6 weeks). UKBA agreed that and sent me a letter in which it stated like this
"Our records show that you were granted an Entry Clearance on 27 June 2008 for three years until 27 June 2011. You entered the UK on 2 August 2008 and therefore you would have completed 5 years residency on 27 June 2013.

You applied for a Tier 1 General extension at Solihull PEO on 5th May 2011. At this time your new leave period was calculated as two years from the date your application received an outcome (5th May 2013). This was incorrect and your leave should have been calculated from the date your previous leave expired (27th June 2013); as your application was received within three months of its expiry."
So I believe I could still apply anytime within 28days of 27th June, 2013. What do you say?

Are you applying through accelerated route of settlement ? No

???

Thanks in advance.

Nik

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 am

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:On the 28 day thing, I had already corrected mate after checking once. I think you read my post before that.

Ask them to just scan the deat certificated, and take a coloured print out, you will be fine.

Oh Ok, I referred to section 9D which was for accelerated settlement, Yes. you can say you have been here 5 years.

Thanks for that. Yeah you are right I was looking at your first edit. There is still one question I would like to know.

Cheers
Nik