ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document for Cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nm
Member of Standing

Document for Cohabitation

Post by nm » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi

I was going through the forum and found few threads on the Cohabitation. Myself and my wife living in the same house, however, few of the Bills are in my name and one with my wife name. Also, we both have our own bank accounts.

Will the proof of Cohabitation requires both names on a single statement of bill (either in Council tax or utility bills? or will that be sufficient to have the proof of address which have the same address for both of us?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Read Form SET(M) > Section 11 > Note 8, for more details.
Last edited by vinny on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

suis

Re: Document for Cohabitation

Post by suis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 pm

nm wrote:Hi

I was going through the forum and found few threads on the Cohabitation. Myself and my wife living in the same house, however, few of the Bills are in my name and one with my wife name. Also, we both have our own bank accounts.

Will the proof of Cohabitation requires both names on a single statement of bill (either in Council tax or utility bills? or will that be sufficient to have the proof of address which have the same address for both of us?

its better to show both of u r names in a single statement, you can show this on council tax payment summary letter. speak to u r local council tax department they will generate this for u(only if u and wife registered to council tax),

also i spoke electroral registration department to get our previous voting registration records.and they produced us letters for free of charge

those are the two documents i gave to my case worker to get my PR with one day service.good luck mate.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:50 pm

suis wrote:

its better to show both of u r names in a single statement, you can show this on council tax payment summary letter. speak to u r local council tax department they will generate this for u(only if u and wife registered to council tax),

also i spoke electroral registration department to get our previous voting registration records.and they produced us letters for free of charge

those are the two documents i gave to my case worker to get my PR with one day service.good luck mate.
-- Which number did you speak to them ? How can one find out number for electroral registration departmentin in their area ?

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 am

vinny wrote:Read Form SET(M) > Section 11 > Note 8, for more details.
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your details, I have gone through them and found
Note 8 We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you
It confirms that we may submit the document to each individual if they show the same address.

Any thoughts on this?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 am

dk2011 wrote:
suis wrote:

-- Which number did you speak to them ? How can one find out number for electroral registration departmentin in their area ?
Call your Council. Also, calling citizen advice bureau will help.

Kibria

Cohabitation Documentation

Post by Kibria » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi
I wanted to ask a question regarding documents required for cohabitation for the ILR application for my wife

I have got the following documents
1 - 2 years tenancy agreement (addressed jointly)
2 - 2 years council tax statements (Addressed jointly)
3 - Bank Statement
Barclays Statements for past 1.5 years (addressed Jointly)
Halifax bank statement for the past 0.5 years (addressed jointly)

Will the bank statement from different sources covering different period be acceptable?
Secondly for the bank statement do I have to submit 24 statements (i.e. 24 months) or one from each year would be sufficient?

Regards[/list]