ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - financial proof

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daznov
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - financial proof

Post by Daznov » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:07 am

Hi,

We are preparing documents for spouse and child visas, but one possible problem is financial proof. I have bank statements and pay slips (and possibly my P60 will arrive by the time we apply) covering the required six months and I'm paid over £22400. All that is not a problem. However, we are faced with a couple of problems:

1. A letter from my employer detailing my gross wage. So far, I have only been able to get one detailing my basic wage (I also get a shift allowance). I would have thought getting such a letter is simple, but they only produce two types of employee letters (and they are automated). Supposedly shift allowance can be included, but I have been met with silence since asking about this. I need to face the possibility an employee letter with gross wage won't be possible. Unfortunately, HR is offshore and dealt with via email only.
2. Even if I do get the required letter, it will be a PDF. There is a signature, but it will be very clear it's a print out.
3. I don't have a contract that relates to my current position. I do have a document about my shift allowance, but it's old (November 2011).

My main concern is the letter as UKBA guidance indicates it's required. They might wonder why my shift allowance is not mentioned on it, though.

The last resort is I can ask one of my bosses to write a letter confirming all the details required by the UKBA.

Or perhaps I am worrying too much?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - financial proof

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 am

Daznov wrote:Hi,

We are preparing documents for spouse and child visas, but one possible problem is financial proof. I have bank statements and pay slips (and possibly my P60 will arrive by the time we apply) covering the required six months and I'm paid over £22400. All that is not a problem. However, we are faced with a couple of problems:

1. A letter from my employer detailing my gross wage. So far, I have only been able to get one detailing my basic wage (I also get a shift allowance). I would have thought getting such a letter is simple, but they only produce two types of employee letters (and they are automated). Supposedly shift allowance can be included, but I have been met with silence since asking about this. I need to face the possibility an employee letter with gross wage won't be possible. Unfortunately, HR is offshore and dealt with via email only.
2. Even if I do get the required letter, it will be a PDF. There is a signature, but it will be very clear it's a print out.
3. I don't have a contract that relates to my current position. I do have a document about my shift allowance, but it's old (November 2011).

My main concern is the letter as UKBA guidance indicates it's required. They might wonder why my shift allowance is not mentioned on it, though.

The last resort is I can ask one of my bosses to write a letter confirming all the details required by the UKBA.

Or perhaps I am worrying too much?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Have long have you worked for the company? Do you not have wage slips?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Daznov
Newly Registered

Post by Daznov » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:09 am

As I mentioned, I have payslips. I've been a permanent employee since March 2010.

The issue is with section 5.6.1 2., which states:
In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies1),
all of the following evidence must be provided:
And goes on to say:
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(a)
confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
The issue being the letter does not detail my gross annual salary, only my base salary. And it seems like trying to get one with accurate details is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Therefore, the only letter I will have won't match up with my payslips and P60. I don't know if this will be a problem?

Link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 am

Daznov wrote:As I mentioned, I have payslips. I've been a permanent employee since March 2010.

The issue is with section 5.6.1 2., which states:
In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies1),
all of the following evidence must be provided:
And goes on to say:
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(a)
confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
The issue being the letter does not detail my gross annual salary, only my base salary. And it seems like trying to get one with accurate details is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Therefore, the only letter I will have won't match up with my payslips and P60. I don't know if this will be a problem?

Link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Have you contacted HR?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Daznov
Newly Registered

Post by Daznov » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:33 am

Yes, and hit a brick wall (they are offshore, contact is just via email/intranet). So I thought it's worth asking on forums in case someone had a similar experience regarding employment letter.

Daznov
Newly Registered

Post by Daznov » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Problem resolved (I hope). After explaining the problem to my department manager, he has agreed to sign a letter if I provide him with all the details that need to be included. Finally progress.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:57 am

Daznov wrote:Problem resolved (I hope). After explaining the problem to my department manager, he has agreed to sign a letter if I provide him with all the details that need to be included. Finally progress.
That's good to hear.

Daznov
Newly Registered

Post by Daznov » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Sorry, one final question. The contract isn't listed as required, but is it advisable to include it? My contract is old (relates to my first position at the company), so it doesn't provide any useful information (but I could be wrong). I hope the letter, pay slips and P60 will be sufficient instead.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 1:06 am

Daznov wrote:Sorry, one final question. The contract isn't listed as required, but is it advisable to include it? My contract is old (relates to my first position at the company), so it doesn't provide any useful information (but I could be wrong). I hope the letter, pay slips and P60 will be sufficient instead.
Not needed, just what is required on the specified evidence list and you'll be fine.