ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application refused because of Bank Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clueless03
Newly Registered

Application refused because of Bank Letter

Post by clueless03 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm

I applied in late November 2012,,, through psw route,, my application is refused because, reason is "Even though you have provided a bank letter that confirms that- Mr Third Party has the funds available and that they are disposable in the UK it does not state that the funds are available to you which is a requirement that needs to be met in order for the bank letter to be acceptable."

That's very silly reason, The bank letter's second page clearly mentioned that
The applicant therefore has the following amount of money available in a business in the UK:

Name of third party financer: Mr. Third Party Financer
Contact Details: blah blah.
Relationship to applicant: Friend
Amount of money available from third party to applicant; £50,000
I am surprised, angry and mad because the letter clearly mentioned that the money is available to applicant. I am 100% sure the caseworker NEVER saw the second page of bank letters which had the above contents. The first page was about money disposable to UK, ABC Bank is regulated by State Bank of Pakistan etc.....

I have a few questions.

1. My visa has already expired. I was advised to send a letter to caseworker to check the documents once again, because the caseworker definitely didn't see that page of bank letter. I have full address of caseworker because of previous correspondence.

2. What are your opinions, shall I go for appeal?

3. If I go for appeal, does the third party financier has to keep money in his account, its almost 5 months since the money is being kept there. This is an absolute torture from home office towards entrepreneurs.

4. The letter says, I must appeal within 10 working days, but doesn't say, 10 working days from which date??

Finally, I am somewhat happy that there is only one small reason for my visa's refusal, which can be challenged easily in court.

What are my chances of winning appeal in your opinions?

tnx guys,.,

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 pm

74 views and no help :(, please give ur advice :(

Mr Legal

Re: Application refused because of Bank Letter

Post by Mr Legal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm

clueless03 wrote:I applied in late November 2012,,, through psw route,, my application is refused because, reason is "Even though you have provided a bank letter that confirms that- Mr Third Party has the funds available and that they are disposable in the UK it does not state that the funds are available to you which is a requirement that needs to be met in order for the bank letter to be acceptable."

The applicant therefore has the following amount of money available in a business in the UK:

I am surprised, angry and mad because the letter clearly mentioned that the money is available to applicant. I am 100% sure the caseworker NEVER saw the second page of bank letters which had the above contents. The first page was about money disposable to UK, ABC Bank is regulated by State Bank of Pakistan etc.....

I have a few questions.

1. My visa has already expired. I was advised to send a letter to caseworker to check the documents once again, because the caseworker definitely didn't see that page of bank letter. I have full address of caseworker because of previous correspondence.

3. If I go for appeal, does the third party financier has to keep money in his account, its almost 5 months since the money is being kept there. This is an absolute torture from home office towards entrepreneurs.

4. The letter says, I must appeal within 10 working days, but doesn't say, 10 working days from which date??

Finally, I am somewhat happy that there is only one small reason for my visa's refusal, which can be challenged easily in court.

tnx guys,.,
I understand that there is a next queue if you may appeal but the problem with you is the time of appeal ,if you go into correspondance with the caseworker to acknowledge them in regards to an inappropriate assessment of your bank letter etc,this may take more than 10/15 days,however,you have 10 days to appeal and I think this correspondance may not be a good reason for your delay to seek permission for out of time appeal..(if this happens).

I can suggest if you are so confident of the bank letter,dont waste your time..go straight in appeal
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:04 pm

I have sent them a letter and email to the case worker, highlighting the exact words such as "The applicant therefore has the following amount of money available" etc...

I am waiting till Tuesday/Wednesday next week. If I don't get a response, I will go with the appeal straightaway.

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:13 am

Anymore expert advice about answers to my above questions?

emli
Newly Registered

Post by emli » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 am

[I applied in late November 2012,,, through psw route,, my application is refused because, reason is "Even though you have provided a bank letter that confirms that- Mr Third Party has the funds available and that they are disposable in the UK it does not state that the funds are available to you which is a requirement that needs to be met in order for the bank letter to be acceptable." ]

did you go through any interview before the decision???? plzz let us know[/code]

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 am

Nope, no interview at all.

emli
Newly Registered

Post by emli » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 am

clueless03 wrote:I applied in late November 2012,,, through psw route,, my application is refused because, reason is "Even though you have provided a bank letter that confirms that- Mr Third Party has the funds available and that they are disposable in the UK it does not state that the funds are available to you which is a requirement that needs to be met in order for the bank letter to be acceptable."

I have a few questions.

guys,.,

did you go through any interview before the decision???? plzz let us [/b]know[/b]

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 am

No interview, straight refusal.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:10 am

clueless03 wrote:No interview, straight refusal.
If you are sure that you provided the required letter mentioning your name on bank letter then you will have a very good chance to succeed in appeal.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am

Yes, I am 100% sure i have provided that letter. Plz pray for me to get a re-considration from caseworker so I dont need to waste time in appeal.

emli
Newly Registered

Post by emli » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am

I have a few questions.

tnx guys,.,

did you give any third party letter confirming the funds??? the letter from third party and not bank......

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 am

Yes!!! I provided an afadavit which was signed by my Third Party in front of a regulated solicitor in Pakistan, and I signed mine in front of SRA regulated solicitor here in the UK. The letter cleary mentioned, £50,000+ is available to me from my Third party.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am

clueless03 wrote:Yes!!! I provided an afadavit which was signed by my Third Party in front of a regulated solicitor in Pakistan, and I signed mine in front of SRA regulated solicitor here in the UK. The letter cleary mentioned, £50,000+ is available to me from my Third party.
Hi, I would strongly advise you to take your appeal personally, you have a good ground, do not waste time just go for your appeal, even if they are reconsidering. I believe you can do the appeal yourself Good luck. NOTE I am not an expert but I have done an appeal on my own before, because they obviously missed the obvious just like n your case

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 am

Was your appeal allowed?

Shawn TT
Newly Registered

Post by Shawn TT » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 am

@ clueless03

This point is already under consideration at upper tribunal stage. Next hearing for that is in early June 2013.

Lodge an appeal.

You have a good case.

Hope that helps.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:30 am

Like you said you been given right of Appeal and you mention that you have already sent a request for reconsideration so like you said wait till Tuesday/ Wednesday and if you don't hear from caseworker than appeal.

so if you are lucky than you might get visa in reconsideration if not than meanwhile speak to solicitors and prepare yourself for appeal.

regards

I have a few questions.

tnx guys,.,

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 am

Just to update you guys, I got an email from a different person at Home Office, advising me that the best option is to lodge an appeal. So fingers crossed, preparation started for appeal, please remember me in your prayers :)

clueless03
Newly Registered

Post by clueless03 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 pm

I am still waiting for answer on this questions:
If I go for appeal, does the third party financier has to keep money in his account, its almost 5 months since the money is being kept there. This is an absolute torture from home office towards entrepreneurs.

jeez
Newly Registered

Visa refused

Post by jeez » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Applied on 23, Oct, 2012.
My Application is refused on the basis of following points:
1) Self employed letter was not attached.
Answer: I have attached original welcome letter of HM Revenue and customs as self-employed, now you see how silly temporary workers are.
2) Confirm the name of each third party and their contact details, including their full address including postal code, land-line phone number and any email address.
Case worker said, the letter you have provided from Halifax does not confirm all of the above as listed at paragraph 41-SD (a)(i).
Answer: I have provided third party information on the declaration document, as bank cannot provide this details. However, bank letter from third party shows his balance, name and full address clearly mentioned including bank statement.
3)One or more contracts showing trading, the contract you supplied does not give the telephone number of the other party involved and you therefore do not meet the requirements at paragraph 41-SD(c)(iv) of the Immigration rules.
Answer: However I have provided all business details but telephone number was missing. I am going in appeal; I will provide land-line number in trading contract.
Please suggest me more points which make my appeal successful, all type of comments are welcome.
Thanks,
Jeez