ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General funds maintainance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praveen golla

Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General funds maintainance

Post by praveen golla » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Hello,
my Employer got mail confirmation from UKBA saying they approved as a Sponsor, My HR manager Ask me to apply for Visa Next Month but I need More that 2 months to finish my 90 days Period for funds maintain, but i came to know that i do not need to maintain any funds. and my visa expires on october.
My Doubts
1. Is that true i do not need to maintain funds for 90 days if my sponsor confirmed that they can cover for me.
2. Since my PSW expires on October (6 months) am i too soon to apply for visa now.

godistrue

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General funds maintainance

Post by godistrue » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 pm

praveen golla wrote:Hello,
my Employer got mail confirmation from UKBA saying they approved as a Sponsor, My HR manager Ask me to apply for Visa Next Month but I need More that 2 months to finish my 90 days Period for funds maintain, but i came to know that i do not need to maintain any funds. and my visa expires on october.
My Doubts
1. Is that true i do not need to maintain funds for 90 days if my sponsor confirmed that they can cover for me.
2. Since my PSW expires on October (6 months) am i too soon to apply for visa now.
1. Yes, you dont need to maintain funds for 90 days if your company can cover the maintenace
2. Its better to apply as soon as possible. For PSW holders, they can apply at any time. But remember that, in the COS, tell your HR to keep the start date as 3 months from the date they assigned, not the end date of your visa.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:08 pm

1. You do not need to maintain fund for 90 days. All you need is your employer mentioning in COS that they will certify maintenance for you and your dependants. you don't need any letter or proof for this. make sure you mention this in the application. NOTE: Only A -rated and above employers can do this.

2. You better of apply as soon as possible as the Immigration law can change any time and little changes could invalidate your eligibility. Having said that plan ahead PSW is not considered for 5yr settlement but it is considered for 10 yr settlement. Initial tier 2 is given for 3 years. So calculate how long you been in the UK legally and apply accordingly.

Hope you are aware of other rules with SOC code, appropriate salary and English lang requirements.
Sivakumar

praveen golla

Post by praveen golla » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks. guys
i said same to My employer about maintenance funds but they are thinking its only for applicants from outside, because even in the guidance notes its not clear enough about which applicants. is there a way to let My employer know about this by contacting UKBA by email or phone.

thanks for your help..

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi yes it is not clearly stated in the guidelines. They were never clear anyway.

You definitely need to score points for maintenance even if you are in country applicant. Guidance states that your employer must certify maintenance to you and your dependents and accommodate your first month of stay if required So you already be earning so they don't need to help you accommodate for the first month of stay but still needs to mention this in COS.

Other ways you need to show maintenance for 90 days . Why saving money for 90 day makes them think we can accommodate ourselves during our first month stay. GOD KNOWS it is one of those crazy laws. I kept the money for 90 days the day I applied I bought myself a nice phone with that money...
Sivakumar

praveen golla

Post by praveen golla » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks Sivakumar,
I managed to convince my HR by ringing Sponsorship Helpline and they said either from outside or inside it does not matter.
the reason for why i need this is because i still got 40 days to complete 90 days maintenance and by then My HR is in holidays for a month. anyway finally sorted.

does all PSW holders come under New entrant, or it varies according to the experience, because i am working in company more than 12 months (16 months). am i still a new entrant or experienced worker.
Thanks for help

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 am

Hi all PSW migrant come under New Entrant no matter how long you work for your employer.

my case is same as yours and I am 25yrs old.

more info:
This is because your actual job will be considered by UKBA new job if you switch to Tier 2 so they dont care how long you previously work or what you were paid on your previous stay . All rules for SOCcode/salary for Tier 2 general only applies if you leave to remain as tier 2 general migrant. So do not send any of your previous payslips to them. Make sure in your employer's payroll you have the appropriate salary at the time you apply for tier 2 visa.
Sivakumar

praveen golla

Post by praveen golla » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 am

Is this mean i do not have to get paid as mentioned in SOC code?

My case is i am working as a web developer and earning £21K, and minimum salary requirement for tier 2 (general) is £20k well it says in points based calculator.
r u saying i do not need to follow SOC where it mentioned for a programmer i need to get paid minimum of 24k(new entrant)?
in case of i don't have to follow SOC what is the appropriate salary for a web developer?
thanks.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 am

YOU always need to make sure you are paid appropriate salary if you are applying for Tier 2. What I meant is when you are on PSW you dont need to.
but when you are switching to tier 2 then from the time of your application you must be paid an appropriate salary and you employer needs to match your job description with soc code.

If you are web designer your SOC Code will be 2137 based on SOC2010 document below
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

Your minimum salary must be above 20,300. if you are earning 21000 it should be fine as long as you work under 39hours per week. so make sure you choose the SOC code above and mention it on your COS
Sivakumar

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:54 pm

It seems dependents cannot apply along with the Main Applicant ( PSW to Tier 2 general)

Could someone clarify this for me please ? thanks

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 pm

@justdopposite

depandants can apply and employer can also certify maintanance for them. Why cant they apply ?

i wonder if the dependants are outside UK then they have apply themselves seperatelyfrom outside.
Sivakumar

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 pm

your right. my apologies, its the guidance I read somewhere that got me confused. see below evidence from PBS dependent guidance
Family members of Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Post
Study Work) migrants
44. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom
for less than 12 months, you must show that you, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) your other
parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom have at least £1800 to support you; this
is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove they have enough money to support
themselves.
45. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have
£600 to support yourself.
46. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application
at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £1800 for
their spouse and a further £1800 for each child, in addition to £900 required for their own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £6300 in available funds (£1800 x 3 =
£5400+£900).
47. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and their family had been present in the UK for two years, they
would require evidence that they held £2700 (£600 x 3 = £1800 + £900) in available funds.

praveen golla

@Sivakumar

Post by praveen golla » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:07 pm

is my job title has to match exactly to the job title in SOC?
my current job title as per contract is Web Developer and we want to use
SOC code :Code: 2137 which is a web designer, where there is no matching Job Title there but the roles and tasks matches to me.
Available jon title under this Code are

Internet Developer
Multimedia Developer
Web design Consultant
Web designer

is it OK if i use title as web developer and And put roles as mentioned in there or, do i have to use one of their job Tile as mentioned.

catchhster

WE

Post by catchhster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:10 pm

JOB TITLE DOES NOT MATTER

It is the job description which matters . so match a job description and just give the the title as it is in your pay roll.
Sivakumar

praveen golla

@Sivakumar

Post by praveen golla » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 am

Can you help me with application forms, i found this one
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf
is this is it. or any other applications i need to use.
thanks.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am

Yes that is the application.
Sivakumar

praveen golla

@Sivakumar

Post by praveen golla » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 pm

My company issued a CoS today and mentioned
Start date :from tomorrow (i sais i will apply tomorrow)
End date :29 april 2016

this covers three years.

Total Weekly hours 35.

is this all OK. i am going to apply tomorrow(29th april)
Thanks.