ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help Manci. Urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

godistrue

Pls help Manci. Urgent

Post by godistrue » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm

I have been assigned Restricted COS instead of UnRestricted COS. I am on PSW visa. My boss has already assigned the COS online from the SMS system. I told to my boss about the mistake he done. He is waiting for the outcome from the UKBA about the COS which he submitted. Now what can I do. Any help pls. Manci you can help me in the right direction

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Ask your boss to call the UKBA employer helpline and explain the situation.

You may need to with draw the current certificate and assign a new one and send a corresponding letter to UKBA about the change of COS.

This can be done if you wait UKBA are likely to call you about the mistake. They generally call the employer if the issue is related to COS/SOC CODE for clarification.

In your situation it is apparent to UKBA that your employer made a mistake. Please understand this and dont worry if the mistake is with the employer you have a strong case for an appeal and first of all UKBA will call your employer first to clarify about the COS. My opinion they will call your BOSS and ask them to reassign a new COS.

So stop worrying as this IS NOT YOUR FAULT AND THING WILL BE RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 pm

catchhster wrote:Ask your boss to call the UKBA employer helpline and explain the situation.

You may need to with draw the current certificate and assign a new one and send a corresponding letter to UKBA about the change of COS.

This can be done if you wait UKBA are likely to call you about the mistake. They generally call the employer if the issue is related to COS/SOC CODE for clarification.

In your situation it is apparent to UKBA that your employer made a mistake. Please understand this and dont worry if the mistake is with the employer you have a strong case for an appeal and first of all UKBA will call your employer first to clarify about the COS. My opinion they will call your BOSS and ask them to reassign a new COS.

So stop worrying as this IS NOT YOUR FAULT AND THING WILL BE RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR

Got a mail from UKBA and said they have confirmed the Certificate of sponshorship for the candidate. My boss assigned it to me. Can i go with the Restricted COS which is assigned to me. I booked my slot on May 2nd. Pls help.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 pm

I dont know pls double check if it is acually a restricted COS assigned ...

No you nee dto call employer help license and take some advice. If you you may get a refusal or it will get complicated ....

It is easy to withdray the current COS and reassign a new one. ACT NOW CALL UKBA ON EMPLOYER HELP LINE
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 pm

catchhster wrote:I dont know pls double check if it is acually a restricted COS assigned ...

No you nee dto call employer help license and take some advice. If you you may get a refusal or it will get complicated ....

It is easy to withdray the current COS and reassign a new one. ACT NOW CALL UKBA ON EMPLOYER HELP LINE

How can I know my boss assigned me Restricted COS or UnRestricted COS.
Please help me in this.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:37 pm

So you don't have a unrestricted COS assigned to you? Your employer need to request for one. It may take a week or so to get it. If you don't have one... they should have done this already when they decided to sponsor an in-country applicant.

I think your employer did not do much research in this matter.

Did you ask your employer to call the Employer helpline?

Again all the above are duty of your employer and fault is not yours.As long as you made your application correct with proper salary and documents then you will have a strong case of appeal if your visa is refused. So dont worry first of all and face the situation in a clever manner. Do a lot of research and PLEASE DO CALL THE EMPLOYER HELP LINE and tell them this is a mistake from employer side and they are sure to help you
Sivakumar

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:38 pm

In your COS on the first question tier and category what does it say?
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:59 pm

catchhster wrote:In your COS on the first question tier and category what does it say?
It shows Tier 2General - Switching Immigration Category

He showed me the mail which he got. He said he will assign in evening. When my boss assigns the certificate, i can know that is restricted or unrestricted ?

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 pm

ok I got it

of it is

Tier 2 (General - Switching Immigration categories) then it is unrestricted and you are ok

Now how did know your COS assigned is Restricted in first place? This is the subject we are talking about ?? I am confused your argument on the first post has become obsolete with later posts.
Sivakumar

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED AN UNRESTRICTED COS mate
Sivakumar

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Mate are you al right it has been absolute waste of time in this post. ok Now i think you are overthinking about your application. Now forget everything and calm down

You will get you visa soon.
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

catchhster wrote:ok I got it

of it is

Tier 2 (General - Switching Immigration categories) then it is unrestricted and you are ok

Now how did know your COS assigned is Restricted in first place? This is the subject we are talking about ?? I am confused your argument on the first post has become obsolete with later posts.
Hi. Because my boss told that when filling the COS application online, it asking about points for salary and the COS which are assigning on 16th and 17th of this month, will be taken decision on April 19th. From this information, it took me more than 8 days to assign COS to me. Usually Unrestricted COS will be assigned in 30 minutes online. But it took more than 8 days to get the reply from the UKBA.

Am I thinking correctly ?

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm

you mean assigning COS from UKBa to your employer?

I am not sure about the time scales and I dont understand this as these details only be handled my employer

are you paid in with appropriate salary and SOC code?
Sivakumar

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:46 pm

catchhster wrote:you mean assigning COS from UKBa to your employer?

I am not sure about the time scales and I dont understand this as these details only be handled my employer

are you paid in with appropriate salary and SOC code?
Yes, UKBA took more than 8 days to assign COS and there is no points system for salaries.

I am being paid 20k salary and am a web designer(SOC code: 2137). In the COS he mentioned 21k. So I feel after the COS assigned , they increase my salary.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Ok now you have already been assigned a proper COS with correct SOC code and salary. So don't worry everything is fine do not over think about this matter please.

Note: you need to be paid appropriate salary from the time you have been assigned a COS and this should be in you company pay roll. UKBA may come back and ask for proof or they will check if they visit your in person.
Sivakumar