ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning via a third country with French residence permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tebee
United Kingdom

Returning via a third country with French residence permit

Post by tebee » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm English, live in France with a Thai wife who has a family of EU national carte de sejour . As her medical qualification isn't recognized here she is currently working for a few months in Bangkok, but will finish early in July.

As that is the start of the holiday season in France we have been unable to find a return flight at a decent price, even looking 2 months ahead.

I'm I right in assuming she could return via a third country in the Schengen area without needing any extra visa?

I also assume she would need a Family Permit if she was to come back via the UK, which seems to be the cheapest option at the moment, but would she be able to obtain that in Bangkok as this is not her normal place of residence, though it is the country she is a national of.
“I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare: and I dare a little more as I grow older.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 pm

She could enter via any Shengen state.

She could transit the UK (double check with UKBA website) and make sure its a real transit.

She could apply for a family permit given that you work in France. This can be applied for at any VAC in any country.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Returning via a third country with French residence perm

Post by ukforever » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 pm

tebee wrote:I'm English, live in France with a Thai wife who has a family of EU national carte de sejour . As her medical qualification isn't recognized here she is currently working for a few months in Bangkok, but will finish early in July.

As that is the start of the holiday season in France we have been unable to find a return flight at a decent price, even looking 2 months ahead.

I'm I right in assuming she could return via a third country in the Schengen area without needing any extra visa?

I also assume she would need a Family Permit if she was to come back via the UK, which seems to be the cheapest option at the moment, but would she be able to obtain that in Bangkok as this is not her normal place of residence, though it is the country she is a national of.

hi tebee,
just wanted to ask u,what kind of paper work u had to supply for your wife to get the carte de sejour..?what i mean what is the documents requested and if u have a list ,can u supply it please,u can send me a PM and let me know please,i would really appreciate it..thanks.
UK------++++-------****

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 am

info from http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 623#641623

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_w ... user=GFB2C
National Thailand (TH) /Residence France (FR)
Transit Netherlands (NL) /Destination France (FR)

Netherlands (NL)

Visa required, except for : holders of a residence permit
issued by France.
Visa required, except for :holders of a valid "D" visa issued
by another Schengen Member State
http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_w ... user=GFB2C

National Thailand (TH) /Residence France (FR)
Transit United Kingdom (GB) /Destination France (FR)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

United Kingdom (GB)

Visa required, except for Holders of an EEA Family Permit
issued by the UK, providing the holder is travelling with, or
to join the EEA or Swiss national.
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Passengers who may be granted
permission by the Immigration authorities to enter the United
Kingdom, for a stay not exceeding 24 hours.
The following conditions must be complied with:
- passengers hold confirmed reservations for an onward flight
within 24 hours; and
- continue to a third country; and
- have no purpose in entering the United Kingdom other than to
pass through in transit; and
- hold all documents required for the next destination..