ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarioSA

Documents for ILR

Post by MarioSA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 am

Which supporting documents do you require when applying for ILR?

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:50 am

Can you please let us know the basis on which you are applying for ILR?

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:11 am

Work Permit

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Guys any helps here ??? Please.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Mario, all the information that you require can be found in these 2 documents:

ILR Application Form

ILR Application Guidance Notes
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:52 pm

I have a question,

In one of your previous posts you mentioned that you were given a NI number from a 'friend', and then you found out it was another person's number. So when you fill in the ILR form, which NI number will you put down (or did you get a new number?)?

Does anyone know if the BIA makes checks at HM revenue and customs, or checks NI contributions/names?

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:14 pm

Sakura, I wouldn't call him my friend as he obviously played on my ignorance of the system. I contacted inland Revenue and told them about my NI. They advised me not to use it and provided me with a temp number. I have yet to apply for a permanent NI number. I really hope this will not affect my application.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:17 pm

MarioSA wrote:Sakura, I wouldn't call him my friend as he obviously played on my ignorance of the system. I contacted inland Revenue and told them about my NI. They advised me not to use it and provided me with a temp number. I have yet to apply for a permanent NI number. I really hope this will not affect my application.
So you been paying the emergency tax rate for the last 5 years then?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 pm

No for some reason they have not taxed me the emergency tax rate. To be honest it was about a year ago that I found out about my NI number belonging to someone else.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:45 pm

I would sort out any issues you have with the Inland Revenue before applying for ILR. I doubt the Home Office will be very impressed with someone who does not have a NI number after living in the UK for 5 years, whether it's your fault or not. Best to get your pemanent NI number as soon as possible!

From the sounds of things you have got yourself in a bit of a mess. As far as I know by law you have to pay the emergency rate of tax if you only have a temporary tax number which is currently 30%. If you are not paying the emergency rate then you are paying the incorrect amount of tax.

The best advice I can offer you is sort your tax affairs out before applying for ILR.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Off topic: It is possible to live decades in the UK without a National Insurance number. ;)

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:24 pm

So do you think they'll check my NI Number if I gave them my old one.