ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent FLR(M) eligibility question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cluelesss

Urgent FLR(M) eligibility question

Post by cluelesss » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi there,

I was on a Tier 1 General visa for 5 years and now received ILR. My wife joined me in the UK on Tier 1 General dependant visa in Mar13. So, she has been in the UK for only 2 months.

Looking at the can you apply page here
"his section is for those who applied for, or are applying for, leave to enter or leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here.

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Instead, you must apply as a dependant under the relevant category of points-based system.
Does this mean, she cannot apply on FLR(M).

Has anybody experience of applying FLR(m) whose sponsor's previous leave was as a Tier 1 General.

My Second question is if she is eligible to apply for FLR(m), does she need to submit proofs for cohabitation as she has recently arrived in the UK less than 2 months and not enough docs available.

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:37 pm

She may continue as a PBS dependant until she qualifies for ILR.

If her PBS dependant leave was granted for longer than six months, then she may switch to FLR(M), if she wishes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cluelesss

Post by cluelesss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm

I just called ukba and they said i can only apply for my wife as a PBS dependant and cannot apply on FLR(M).

He further said that my wife as a PBS dependant will be eligible to apply for ILR after 2 years as my dependant.