ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPN - Criminal Conviction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dingdon

FPN - Criminal Conviction

Post by dingdon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi All,
I have booked my appointment with NCS Hounslow this week.
I have a FPN for speeding 9 months back for which I had to pay fine + 3 points on my license. NCS Hounslow has asked me to include those details in the Form AN under Criminal convictions.

But application form clearly says that no need to give the details of FPN

Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal
convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.

Please share your thoughts/experiences on this.

reabs

Re: FPN - Criminal Conviction

Post by reabs » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

My thoughts:

There was no admission of guilt and neither was prosecution sought with yours and most people's FPN's hence no conviction. There is no need to include it as the form excludes them clearly and without ambiguity.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 am

dingdon wrote:Hi All,
I have a FPN for speeding 9 months back for which I had to pay fine + 3 points on my license. NCS Hounslow has asked me to include those details in the Form AN under Criminal convictions.

Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal
convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.

Was the FPN issued at Court? Have you had any other FPNs in the last 12 months?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 am

No it was not issued in court. A letter was sent and I paid the fine. No I don't have any other FPNs.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 am

dingdon wrote:No it was not issued in court. A letter was sent and I paid the fine. No I don't have any other FPNs.
Then no problem.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Wokstar
Newly Registered

Post by Wokstar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm

dingdon wrote:Hi All,

I don't think UKBA can be any more explicit in that non-court non-multiple FPNs need not be declared. I am not sure if NCS Understand this! Without doubt, FPN is not a criminal conviction.