ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependanat or Spouse visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Dependanat or Spouse visa from India

Post by venugopal1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I am going to get married in June in INDIA. I need to apply UK visa for my wife after marriage. I have few queries in applying the visa for my wife. My current UK visa category "Indefinite leave to remain", I got this settlement visa on Oct-2012. My previous visa status before settlement is "Tier1 - Points based system"

My wife haven't been in UK before, this is her first time she is applying UK visa.

So in this case, Could you please clarify me that under which relevant category I need to apply visa for my wife?. Is it under "Settlement" or "Tier-1 PBS dependent .
Also which form I should use for visa application is it VAF4A or VAF10.?

The below information in UKBA site is misleading me on which category and application I should choose.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Please clarify, many thanks!

Cheers Venu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Spouse (settlement) visa on VAF4A.

As she has not been in the UK as your PBS dependant before or at any time, this quote is not relevant
You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.
Last edited by CR001 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

Post by venugopal1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks CR001.

I will go with VAF4A. Also could you please clarify me that my wife done MCA and her education is taught in english. Is the degree certificate and letter from college on degree taught in english is sufficient for english language requirement?. Please clarify.

Cheers,
Venu

samsonkarni
Newly Registered

Post by samsonkarni » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 am

venugopal1 wrote:Thanks CR001.

I will go with VAF4A. Also could you please clarify me that my wife done MCA and her education is taught in english. Is the degree certificate and letter from college on degree taught in english is sufficient for english language requirement?. Please clarify.

Cheers,
Venu

Hi Venu - Hope you are doing well -

I am also need to apply spouse visa for my wife. Please can you tell me list of all the documents needed for my wife to drop the spouse visa.

Many Thanks
Samson

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 am

samsonkarni wrote:

Cheers,
Venu

I am also need to apply spouse visa for my wife. Please can you tell me list of all the documents needed for my wife to drop the spouse visa.

Many Thanks
Samson
You shouldn't display your mobile number on a public forum.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samsonkarni
Newly Registered

Post by samsonkarni » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm

D4109125 wrote:
samsonkarni wrote:

Cheers,
Venu

Many Thanks
Samson
You shouldn't display your mobile number on a public forum.
H

Hi I am sorry !

Apologies for displaying my mobile number ! not aware about this.

Sam