ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different names in Cohabitation document and in Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kandasamy

Different names in Cohabitation document and in Passport

Post by kandasamy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi All

I am planning to show the following document as a proof for Cohabitation
1. NHS letter
2. Electoral vote id

in above documents in the place of surname my husband's name is given whereas in my passport the surname is my father's name.Also my BRP shows my father's name as the surname.

I have two option before me

1. changing the surname in above two document to match with my passport. if i am doing so will the document will be valid to show it as a proof for last 2 years.
2. changing the name in passport to match with the above document.

could anyone please suggest me which option is the best and easy one to do.

Thanks
Sree

uksettlement
India

Re: Different names in Cohabitation document and in Passport

Post by uksettlement » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 pm

kandasamy wrote:Hi All

I am planning to show the following document as a proof for Cohabitation
1. NHS letter
2. Electoral vote id

in above documents in the place of surname my husband's name is given whereas in my passport the surname is my father's name.Also my BRP shows my father's name as the surname.

I have two option before me

1. changing the surname in above two document to match with my passport. if i am doing so will the document will be valid to show it as a proof for last 2 years.
2. changing the name in passport to match with the above document.

could anyone please suggest me which option is the best and easy one to do.

Thanks
Sree
I would say 2nd option and go for a new passport if possible as then you will have two passports one with the old name and one with the new correct one.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:51 am

HI

Thanks for your mail.

As you suggested if I am going for change the name in the passport I will be getting a new passport which will have the issue date as current date, but names in the documents are issued 3 years back whether it will make any issue.
If My apply for the passport then i need to change in BPR document.

Thanks!

Sree

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:54 am

kandasamy wrote:HI

Thanks for your mail.

As you suggested if I am going for change the name in the passport I will be getting a new passport which will have the issue date as current date, but names in the documents are issued 3 years back whether it will make any issue.
If My apply for the passport then i need to change in BPR document.

Thanks!

Sree
No it won't as ur passport is on your maiden name and new passport is on married name. Also, the docs are in your married name. Keep your marriage certificate with you and you will be fine.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.