ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of language for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abmnerang

Knowledge of language for naturalisation

Post by abmnerang » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Could somebody please advise:

If I apply and get UK NARIC's English Language Assessment for my bachelors done in India , to prove my English standard is CEFR Level C1, is this okay to apply for naturalization as I have already got Life in the UK .

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

barnaby

Re: Knowledge of language for naturalisation

Post by barnaby » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 am

abmnerang wrote:If I apply and get UK NARIC's English Language Assessment for my bachelors done in India , to prove my English standard is CEFR Level C1, is this okay to apply for naturalization as I have already got Life in the UK.
My guess is that only the HO can answer this kind of question. This thing hasn't been introduced yet, so nobody has experience of it. Even the HO probably won't know.

abmnerang

Post by abmnerang » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Thank you for your reply,

Apologies, if I am not clear about my question:

Basically,

HO stated that either the applicant should have speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or a degree taught in English along with life in the UK.

I and my partner have life in the UK.

When we contacted UK NARIC to provide a certificate for English assessment, they advised that they can only provide language assessment certificates for bachelors which is higher than B1 CEFR level.

So my question is, if we provide the language assessment certificates for bachelors issued by UK NARIC along with life in UK, these two should fulfill what HO asked for as eligibility criteria for Naturalization. Please confirm.