ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 rejected -incorrect NVQ

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Tier 2 rejected -incorrect NVQ

Post by Rituyadav » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 pm

My application was rejected recently, saying that the job type my employer chose was not of NVQ6 and was of NVQ4. However I have got the points for salary. My job description includes more tasks of a NVQ6 than NVQ4. But because we are a small company My ceo chose the job type which was closer to the job title and not the job role as she was worried about the salary. Also in the old Codes of practice it doesnt clearly mention that job of a Office manager is of NVQ4.

I have appealed today.
1. Can somebody please advise me on my situation
2. How long does it take for the appeal decision at the moment. If I have applied now when will the hearing will be?

Many thanks

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 am

What was codeofpractice u used?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 rejected -incorrect NVQ

Post by makky86 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am

Rituyadav wrote:My application was rejected recently, saying that the job type my employer chose was not of NVQ6 and was of NVQ4. However I have got the points for salary. My job description includes more tasks of a NVQ6 than NVQ4. But because we are a small company My ceo chose the job type which was closer to the job title and not the job role as she was worried about the salary. Also in the old Codes of practice it doesnt clearly mention that job of a Office manager is of NVQ4.

I have appealed today.
1. Can somebody please advise me on my situation
2. How long does it take for the appeal decision at the moment. If I have applied now when will the hearing will be?

Many thanks
First thing is to do check what SOC Code they selected for you. Once you have that check in Code of Practice and see if that comes under NQF Level 6 or not. If it comes under Level 4 then you cannot apply as a Tier 2 , its one of the requirements. If you still have valid leave to remain than ask your employer to give your another COS with a SOC Code of Level NQF 6 and apply.

Appealing here would be waste of time.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Post by Rituyadav » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 am

Hello muhdkhokhar,

Thank you for your reply. The new codes of occupation clearly mentions which jobs are under NVQ6 but the old Codes of Occupation just mentioned that the job were either at NVQ3 or above, only. My employer chose 1152 which was closer to job title however the job duties include more of NVQ6 (Business Developement Manager) Task than NVQ4(Office Manager) tasks. My leave has expired in february so the only option is to appeal.

What do you think will be helpful for my appeal? My employer has given me a letter as well explaining the small size of the company, multitasking and accepting that by mistake she chose the wrong soc code, which was also due to problems with the use of online SMS as well.

What are my chances? what else can Support it with?
And how long do you think it will take for the hearing?

many thanks again.