ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse naturalisation when BC husband out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Funkydude
Newly Registered

Spouse naturalisation when BC husband out of UK

Post by Funkydude » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 am

Hello!
My wife is set to apply for naturalisation soon (her 3 years point is approaching), but I've been offered a six month work contract out of the UK, set to start shortly after we would have handed in the naturalisation paperwork. I'm not sure whether to take it, as I was wondering if my absence from the UK during this time could cause problems for her application? She will be staying here, and I'll be making trips back as often as possible.
Thanks!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse naturalisation when BC husband out of UK

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:01 am

Funkydude wrote:Hello!
My wife is set to apply for naturalisation soon (her 3 years point is approaching), but I've been offered a six month work contract out of the UK, set to start shortly after we would have handed in the naturalisation paperwork. I'm not sure whether to take it, as I was wondering if my absence from the UK during this time could cause problems for her application? She will be staying here, and I'll be making trips back as often as possible.
Thanks!
No problem.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.