ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: Received letter from council but not UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WaitingAndWaiting2
Newly Registered

Naturalisation: Received letter from council but not UKBA

Post by WaitingAndWaiting2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:40 am

Hi there,
I received a letter from my council inviting me to a citizenship ceremony in about 3 weeks' time but I didn't receive a letter from Home Office (UKBA) and I was advised that I cannot attend the ceremony without the letter. I emailed 'FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk' but didn't get a reply.
Has anyone gone through this and if yes, are there alternative ways to contact the Home Office (UKBA)?
Thank you.

jagait

Re: Naturalisation: Received letter from council but not UKB

Post by jagait » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am

WaitingAndWaiting2 wrote:Hi there,
I received a letter from my council inviting me to a citizenship ceremony in about 3 weeks' time but I didn't receive a letter from Home Office (UKBA) and I was advised that I cannot attend the ceremony without the letter. I emailed 'FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk' but didn't get a reply.
Has anyone gone through this and if yes, are there alternative ways to contact the Home Office (UKBA)?
Thank you.
Firstly drop an email to UKBA, explaining the situation and requesting the letter. Then go to council personally and ask for their help because you will not be allowed to attend the ceremony without the HO letter.

In the worst case, I know someone who was in the same position on this forum, and in the end the council had to get HO to fax the invitation letter on the day of the ceremony.

barnaby

Re: Naturalisation: Received letter from council but not UKB

Post by barnaby » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 am

WaitingAndWaiting2 wrote:I received a letter from my council inviting me to a citizenship ceremony in about 3 weeks' time but I didn't receive a letter from Home Office (UKBA) and I was advised that I cannot attend the ceremony without the letter. I emailed 'FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk' but didn't get a reply.
It's very common for the council invitation to arrive slightly before the HO invitation. After all, the HO uses second class mail for everything. If you wait a couple more days you might well receive it.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Is it not advisable to add a pre-paid self addressed envelope for receiving approval documents even applying via NCS?

Royal mail second class mail have off late very poor delivery times.
I have same post from same town posted second class arriving only after 4-5 working days.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

WaitingAndWaiting2
Newly Registered

Post by WaitingAndWaiting2 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you all. My letter was indeed lost but I finally managed to get hold of UKBA and they re-issued the letter.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon May 20, 2013 9:57 am

WaitingAndWaiting2 wrote:Thank you all. My letter was indeed lost but I finally managed to get hold of UKBA and they re-issued the letter.
How did you manage?

WaitingAndWaiting2
Newly Registered

Post by WaitingAndWaiting2 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 am

I used this email address: NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Somudro wrote:
WaitingAndWaiting2 wrote:Thank you all. My letter was indeed lost but I finally managed to get hold of UKBA and they re-issued the letter.
How did you manage?