ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required 5 yrs tier 1 with 2.2yrs of exp doing shit job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junior2013
Newly Registered

Help required 5 yrs tier 1 with 2.2yrs of exp doing shit job

Post by Junior2013 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am

Hello Guys, please help me :(

I came to UK as student in 2006, In Feb 2008 I applied for Tier 1 general
during this time, I decided to do some odd job was finding it difficult to get one on student visa n was abt to expire.

I joined Tesco, while my work permit being processed. My BAD LUCK unfortunately my documents got lost in post never reached me, by the time i new passport, visa transfer etc, it was jan 2009, and recession was hit. Agian I was unable to find a proper job.

Summary: I got stuck with Tesco for 2 years and 2 months which is not a highly skilled JOb.

Plus since I never got chance to see original visa, I dont know exact date visa issued.

Will this cause any issue for ILR? I am going to show full time 2.2 yrs with tesco filling shelves with earniings less than 19,000 and the rest of visa Big Jobs in IT with earnings over 50,000k. I got lucky just on time I got proper job and managed to get enough points to extend tier 1.

I dont even know what to say if case worker ask me why were you doing lovely job when u had work permit?

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am

I am pretty sure they will never ask about your job at Tesco; and please keep in mind that here in UK not a single kind of job is classed as crappy job, so according to my understanding everything will be fine for you.

Others can give more details and correct me if I am wrong.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:56 pm

While maling ILR application through tier 1 route you are only asked to prove earnings for the last year so you are fine.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.