ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help pls - employer licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ann771

Urgent help pls - employer licence

Post by ann771 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 am

hey guys, can someone pls provide me information on employer licence renewal. a potential employer is saying that their licence was due to be renewed this month and they did not renew it. however, they are now offering a job to me, about the licence, they are saying all they have to do is to pay the £1500 fees and their SMS will go live and they can allocate a cos to me (I could not find any document/ source of information confirming this). they are not listed in the registered sponsor list. as far as I know, an employer has to renew licence on time, if they fail to do so, they have to re-apply for sponsorship. I am really confused. Can someone please confirm me what is correct?

many thanks
Ann

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:32 pm

ann771

Your employer need to renew the license in time but. ask them to contack UKBA and renew it and assign a COS.

If they havent made a renew application then ask your employer to apply asap for new license and after they apply you can also apply without a sponsor license

To do this you need to attach a cover letter along with your application stating that your employer has applied for the license and waiting on a decision. also stating the sposor application ref number. In these cases UKBA will consider your application and put it to hold until you get a sponsorship/COS.

Please ask your employer to contact UKBA and discuss your issue sure they will sort it out
Sivakumar

ann771

Post by ann771 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Sivakumar, thanks a lot for your reply. so they definitely needs to make new application for licence? (I just dont want to leave my current job only to be stressed out and stay uncertain about the potential job)

really appreciate your help.
regards
Ann

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Ann

Yes they do need to apply for a new one. The case similar to me they made the application but visa wwas due so applied without license with a cover letter.

Now they have license and I hv been assigned a COS. I made with a advice of UKBA employer help line.

Why dont you ask your employer to contact UKBA?
Sivakumar

ann771

Post by ann771 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey Sivakumar, appearently the employer spoke to a consultant on the UKBA employer helpline and have been suggested that the company licence is in 'dormant' position and can be activated by paying the correct amount of licence renewal fees. I can not find any source on the net to verify this information, hence the confusion!

many thanks
Ann

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Ann

Ok sorry I got it wrong in that case just do what UKBA suggested dont worry about the info outside.

Hope everything will be sorted for you. As I said before dont make any quick moves by assumptions always confirm it with UKBA
Sivakumar

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent help pls - employer licence

Post by makky86 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:44 pm

ann771 wrote:hey guys, can someone pls provide me information on employer licence renewal. a potential employer is saying that their licence was due to be renewed this month and they did not renew it. however, they are now offering a job to me, about the licence, they are saying all they have to do is to pay the £1500 fees and their SMS will go live and they can allocate a cos to me (I could not find any document/ source of information confirming this). they are not listed in the registered sponsor list. as far as I know, an employer has to renew licence on time, if they fail to do so, they have to re-apply for sponsorship. I am really confused. Can someone please confirm me what is correct?

many thanks
Ann
Re-newing License means apply from scratch. Employer will need to submit all the required documents and satisfy UKBA that they are following process.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

ann771

Post by ann771 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi muhdkhokhar, thank you ever so much for your reply. I am not sure whats happening here, before I get back to the employer again, by any chance - do you know about any procedure where UKBA can put an organisation's licence in 'dormant' position? (this is what the potential employer is saying and I am not aware of anything as such, so before I go back to them questioning their information, I just wanted to make sure I am correct to question them! I hope you understand the sensitive situation).

thanks a lot for your quick responses guys, really appreciated.
regards