ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reading Registrar Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

R&F

Reading Registrar Office

Post by R&F » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi, to does who have there ceremony in Reading? How long did it take to get a letter of invitation from from the Reading registrar office? I understand they have weekly ceremonies, how long did you have to wait from getting the invite?

Just curious as I phoned them up and they said a letter from them would come in the post, but my approval was dated 13th of April and I have not received anything from them.

Thanks

R&F

Re: Reading Registrar Office

Post by R&F » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 pm

R&F wrote:Hi, to does who have there ceremony in Reading? How long did it take to get a letter of invitation from from the Reading registrar office? I understand they have weekly ceremonies, how long did you have to wait from getting the invite?

Just curious as I phoned them up and they said a letter from them would come in the post, but my approval was dated 13th of April and I have not received anything from them.

Thanks
So I see a lot of views, maybe from people from Reading... so just for you to know, I got a letter today.

Mini timeline:
Approval letter from HO dated 13th April
Received on the 20th of April

Reading Council to sent invitation letter on the 25th of April (dated 22nd of April)

Invitation for the 22nd of May.

Overall, it will take longer to wait for the ceremony then it was to wait for approval. I asked when was the next available private ceremony and they said the 14th of May, did not seem worth paying £64 for a difference of a week.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks you for adding your time line.
Does help people who are planning on using this registrar office.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.