ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi , temple sorry to hear about that.can u tell me how long your children have been in the UK.

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Flr o contact details

Post by tinaysf » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 am

majojo wrote:
taribo wrote:MAJOJO

I provided 6 months payslips and my wife 4.
Now if they had considered our lowest weekly
incomes they would have not granted me the visa.
(Thats 2 or 3 payslips out of all the 10 payslips we sent
them).
they clearly didnt.
someone on here told me that there are cases
that fall under ex1(exceptions).that it was the case with mine.

My advice is if you arent an overstayer,you made
your application in time,you have a british wife and kid(s)
you more or less meet the financial requirement then you
have pretty much nothing to fear.be it 5 or 10 years you will
be granted something.
then i am no solicitor so thats just my opinion.
and also i dont know the details of your case.
thanks for your reply. well this is my story. i couldnt provide 6 months payslip becasue my wife and i only started working from october 2012 and my visa was due to expire jan 2013 so we were only able to provide 3 months pay slip but we used 6 months joint account tho. and also the reasaon why my wife couldnt work before was inthe last 3 years she has been having surgery. well am not an over stayer as i applied 15 days before my visa expired. but on a combined salary we meet the financial requirements just that we were only able to provide 3 months. thats bascally my reason why i applied the 10 year partner route oh andi dont have a kid . hope my explanation works out well for you.
Hi I applied for my flr o application on 10 may 2012 biometrics enrolled on 02 July 2012 but still waiting for the outcome. My spouse is settled in UK and baby born here, can anyone share the address and fax no where I can send letter to chase my application as this waiting is killing me. Your help will be appreciated.

taribo

Post by taribo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 am

MAJOJO

Our cases are very similar.
the only difference is that i have kids
but:
- my wife(the brit sponsor)only had 4 payslips.
-didnt work for the last 3years prior to application.
-our highest weekly income met the financial test.
-our lowest did not meet the financial test.
-for the above reason we applied for the 10 years route on
form flr(o).
-i was granted 5years instead so my case was considered
under flr m.

you will be granted dont worry.

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Just to update I have been granted leave to remain. Received my passport and documents today, biometric residence permit to come later. The leave is for 2.5 years and settlement after 120 months (I applied within the immigration rules before my previous visa expired). Conditions attached no recourse to public funds even with evidence of destitution and child only two.

At least I can move forward though.
G luck to everyone am positive there will be good news.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:12 pm

[quote="imoto"]Just to update I have been granted leave to remain. Received my passport and documents today, biometric residence permit to come later. The leave is for 2.5 years and settlement after 120 months (I applied within the immigration rules before my previous visa expired). Conditions attached no recourse to public funds even with evidence of destitution and child only two.

At least I can move forward though.
G luck to everyone am positive there will be good news.[/quot

Congratulation....what visa did u got before u applied?

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:54 pm

@sanny
I had a student visa before I made the application as the sole carer for my daughter

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Ok hun probably thats why u get no recourse to public funds but the most important thing is u r granted and im happy for u. xx

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:37 pm

@Imoto...Congratulations and all the best with ur future.

imoto
Newly Registered

Post by imoto » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks keisha.
Good luck to you.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:23 am

@Imoto...Thanx and I pray all goes well!

majojo

Post by majojo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

hi guys my friend would like to find out something. well he has a girl friend not married yet. but she is from holland but schools in the uk. the are going to have a baby soon. his question is how old should the baby be before he can apply to stay in the uk on the basis of his baby. he doesnt want to overstay and by the time the baby comes he has just 4 monhts before his visa expires so basically the baby is going to be 4 monhts old can he use that to apply for his visa to stay? any help guys

Tao
Newly Registered

Post by Tao » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 pm

@Imoto Congratulations for the good news and all the best with your future.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 am

So i wrote to my mp last week and his response was, Thank you for emailing my office again today. I certainly share your concerns about the homeoffice delays in resolving your case. I have made further and urgent representations on your behalf to the homeoffice and i have reminded them that they should deal with your case without further delay. As soon as i received a response i will write to you again.

And here's the other bit i made a complaint to ukba on the 2nd april and they wrote to me this morning so here's what the liars are saying.. Dear miss, thank you for your correspondence of 2nd april about the above issue. I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectations on this occasions. As requested i have reviewed your concerns thoroughly and would like to apologise for the delays on considering your application for leave to remain. You submitted your application on 5th october 2012. We have received an exceptionally high volume of applications. This has had an impact on the processing times for all applications across temporary migration. Applications on form FLR(o) are considered by family casework teams. This area of the business is currently handling a queue of complex cases. we received your biometric enrollment details for this application on 1st march 2013 and we will write to you with our decision as soon as possible.... If you submitted your application prior to the expiry of the your previous LTR then the conditions attached to your previous leave will continue to apply until a decision is reached on your outstanding case....... if you have any evidence that you need to travel urgently due to serious family or employment reasons ,or wish to withdraw your application ,please do not hesitate to contact our immigration enquiry bureau on 08706067766 for further assistance.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 am

sanny26 wrote:So i wrote to my mp last week and his response was, Thank you for emailing my office again today. I certainly share your concerns about the homeoffice delays in resolving your case. I have made further and urgent representations on your behalf to the homeoffice and i have reminded them that they should deal with your case without further delay. As soon as i received a response i will write to you again.

And here's the other bit i made a complaint to ukba on the 2nd april and they wrote to me this morning so here's what the liars are saying.. Dear miss, thank you for your correspondence of 2nd april about the above issue. I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectations on this occasions. As requested i have reviewed your concerns thoroughly and would like to apologise for the delays on considering your application for leave to remain. You submitted your application on 5th october 2012. We have received an exceptionally high volume of applications. This has had an impact on the processing times for all applications across temporary migration. Applications on form FLR(o) are considered by family casework teams. This area of the business is currently handling a queue of complex cases. we received your biometric enrollment details for this application on 1st march 2013 and we will write to you with our decision as soon as possible.... If you submitted your application prior to the expiry of the your previous LTR then the conditions attached to your previous leave will continue to apply until a decision is reached on your outstanding case....... if you have any evidence that you need to travel urgently due to serious family or employment reasons ,or wish to withdraw your application ,please do not hesitate to contact our immigration enquiry bureau on 08706067766 for further assistance.
Hiya

I dont know if this will help you. I had a similar response i posted my letters on this forum. It might be in your best interest to complain to the parliamentary ombudsman. the bottom line is their response does not give you a timeline and when they say as soon as possible that is so vague you cant plan ahead.

I understand they had a lot of complex case applications however consiering the fees we pay shouldnt they hire more employees to cover this. we pay enough money for them to be able to do this. I have submitted a complaint to the ombudsman and am curretly waiting to hear from them. they have confirmed they are working on it and will be in touch soon.

I emailed Teresa May and she has completely ignore my emails so the Ombudsman is the best way to go. they have to listen to them and if you have any letter from UKBa attach them all in an email so they have as much information about your case and the UKBA as they tell lots of fibs will get caught out should they lie about your case etc.

hope it helps

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 am

Yeah i have used the ombudsman before when they were taking long to send me my biometric letter and within a week after contact the ombudsman i did receive my biometric letter. But my mp gona contact ukba so im going wait and hear what they gonna say to my mp,if i dont get back my documents by may then i will definately contact the ombudsman again.... Homeoffice need to have a team who deal with complex cases and straightforward cases,because the way they sound as if they dealing with the complex cases so therefore if you.ve got a straightforward case then u have to wait and things like that causes backlog....

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 am

justice12 wrote:
Elisha47 wrote:Hi, does anyone have good news so far, I contacted my M.P., this week and he replied that they have a lot of cases so i have to be patience, I wonder how long will it take, I applied in January...
Good luck everyone!!!
HI guys , is it any good news to hear or any update so far ?

Not yet waiting waiting applied in June last year

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 am

sanny26 wrote:Yeah i have used the ombudsman before when they were taking long to send me my biometric letter and within a week after contact the ombudsman i did receive my biometric letter. But my mp gona contact ukba so im going wait and hear what they gonna say to my mp,if i dont get back my documents by may then i will definately contact the ombudsman again.... Homeoffice need to have a team who deal with complex cases and straightforward cases,because the way they sound as if they dealing with the complex cases so therefore if you.ve got a straightforward case then u have to wait and things like that causes backlog....
the just bunch of liars... in the dispatch they are the same people who said they are going to handle complex cases from summer... basicaly thay are just dealing with april aplications as they said in their video. theyare just putting peoples lives on holds. this is just way tooo poor. even my friend submitted his application back home and within 3 weeks he got his visa...... i get so frustrataed each day

Waves
Newly Registered

Post by Waves » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 pm

sanny26 wrote:So i wrote to my mp last week and his response was, Thank you for emailing my office again today. I certainly share your concerns about the homeoffice delays in resolving your case. I have made further and urgent representations on your behalf to the homeoffice and i have reminded them that they should deal with your case without further delay. As soon as i received a response i will write to you again.

Sanny,
I received the same letter the same wordings, it is a templated reply.

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

My application was refused on Saturday :(

The reasons were that I haven't been with my partner long enough, I didn't prove that I have no ties to my home country, and that I didn't meet the requirements that constitute private life. Even though i've been living here for 8 years, since I was 14 >.>

Stupid.

Anyways! I was just wondering if anyone knows whether they help pay for your travel back home? Obviously I haven't been able to work so I don't have any money to voluntarily leave!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Waves wrote:

Sanny,
I received the same letter the same wordings, it is a templated reply.

Thats exactly what i was thinking when reading it they just put my name on it. Ukba thinks they're smart.. I send my kids british passport with my application but im looking to request it back now, this week gona make 7 months since i made my application for extension.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey everyone, good luck to you all!
I'm going to be applying for FLR(O) through a solicitor on Thursday, my story is I am an overstayer (3 yrs) and have a British partner (almost 4 yrs together) and a 2.5 year old british daughter. Has anyone in my similar situation been successful?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Babatha wrote:My application was refused on Saturday :(

The reasons were that I haven't been with my partner long enough, I didn't prove that I have no ties to my home country, and that I didn't meet the requirements that constitute private life. Even though i've been living here for 8 years, since I was 14 >.>

Stupid.

Anyways! I was just wondering if anyone knows whether they help pay for your travel back home? Obviously I haven't been able to work so I don't have any money to voluntarily leave!
Awww hun sorry to hear that, may i ask how long have u been with your partner ?aint you got any children here?did they give you a right of appeal?

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 pm

sanny26 wrote:

Stupid.

Awww hun sorry to hear that, may i ask how long have u been with your partner ?aint you got any children here?did they give you a right of appeal?
I have been with my partner for two years, I don't have any children (but were planning to) and I don't have the right to appeal the decision.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm

@Babatha...Sorry to hear about that.I wish they could consider giving you the right to appeal after waiting this long to hear from them.Someone told me that they can take you back if you leave voluntary but it may affect you when trying to come back as you would have spent tax-payers monies.I might be wrong but that's what I was told by a friend!

Have you spoken to your solicitor regarding the outcome,if there's anything that can be done??

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Stupid.

sorry to hear this can u not appeal or file for JR?
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS