ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Rejection

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickb
India

Visa Rejection

Post by nickb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:28 am

Hi

I had applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa under the PSW category. I recently got rejected on the grounds that I do not satisfy the point of being registered as a director of a company in the last 3 months. This is a complete contradiction as I did submit the Current Appointments Report from Companies House which is what is required according to the policy guidance. The caseworker doesn't even acknowledge receiving this document in the rejection letter.

I recently appealed and received the appeal bundle from the home office. The strange thing is that the caseworker has attached the CAR that I had sent with my application and even then he has still rejected my application. I don't actually understand the grounds for rejection!

Another issue was that I was give 0 points for English language requirement because I had not attached my university certificate. I don't have the original certificate so instead of that I had sent the official university transcripts which is what is stated in the policy guidance but the caseworker says that's not enough which is again wrong according to the policy guidance because you can send official university transcripts if you don't have you the original university certificate.

My hearing date is not for another 3 months and its really annoying. I had applied in the last week of September and got my decision in mid-March. Appealed straightaway but just wanted to ask the members on the forum of what they think about this case and if there is a quicker way to solve this issue than to go thru the appeal process.

Thanks.

ai'sh
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by ai'sh » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Just wondering if you got hearing for your appeal and what was the result, I have recently joined the group . My visa got refused on the same issue as yours.I am appealing against the case . Please let me know if it worked out for you.

entrepreneur123

Re: Visa Rejection

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am

Sorry to hear that.
Could you please put actual detailed summary of rejection here? As will understand better by reading actual wording.
I think they might have rejected you for submitting copy of Current Appointment Report...
nickb wrote:Hi

I had applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa under the PSW category. I recently got rejected on the grounds that I do not satisfy the point of being registered as a director of a company in the last 3 months. This is a complete contradiction as I did submit the Current Appointments Report from Companies House which is what is required according to the policy guidance. The caseworker doesn't even acknowledge receiving this document in the rejection letter.

I recently appealed and received the appeal bundle from the home office. The strange thing is that the caseworker has attached the CAR that I had sent with my application and even then he has still rejected my application. I don't actually understand the grounds for rejection!

Another issue was that I was give 0 points for English language requirement because I had not attached my university certificate. I don't have the original certificate so instead of that I had sent the official university transcripts which is what is stated in the policy guidance but the caseworker says that's not enough which is again wrong according to the policy guidance because you can send official university transcripts if you don't have you the original university certificate.

My hearing date is not for another 3 months and its really annoying. I had applied in the last week of September and got my decision in mid-March. Appealed straightaway but just wanted to ask the members on the forum of what they think about this case and if there is a quicker way to solve this issue than to go thru the appeal process.

Thanks.

nickb
India

Re: Hi

Post by nickb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am

ai'sh wrote:Hi Just wondering if you got hearing for your appeal and what was the result, I have recently joined the group . My visa got refused on the same issue as yours.I am appealing against the case . Please let me know if it worked out for you.
Please read the post carefully. I mentioned that my hearing date is not for another 3 months.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 am

entrepreneur123 wrote:Sorry to hear that.
Could you please put actual detailed summary of rejection here? As will understand better by reading actual wording.
I think they might have rejected you for submitting copy of Current Appointment Report...

Thanks.
Why would you get rejected for submitting a copy of the CAR. In the policy guidance, it clearly says that "You must obtain a printout of the Current Appointment Report from Companies House". It doesn't say anything about it being original etc which is usually mentioned when that is the case. And moreover, those printouts are time-stamped so they can easily be verified in case of any doubt.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133283

nickb wrote:
entrepreneur123 wrote:Sorry to hear that.

Thanks.
Why would you get rejected for submitting a copy of the CAR. In the policy guidance, it clearly says that "You must obtain a printout of the Current Appointment Report from Companies House". It doesn't say anything about it being original etc which is usually mentioned when that is the case. And moreover, those printouts are time-stamped so they can easily be verified in case of any doubt.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm thinking of withdrawing my application and reapplying before my visa expires as I also provided a copy..

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:14 pm

You can send it as a additional documents. No point to withdraw i think

dd156 wrote:I'm thinking of withdrawing my application and reapplying before my visa expires as I also provided a copy..

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:27 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:You can send it as a additional documents. No point to withdraw i think
To which address?
I don't know which address to send it to. Where should I send it?

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm

dd156 wrote:
entrepreneur123 wrote:You can send it as a additional documents. No point to withdraw i think
To which address?
I don't know which address to send it to. Where should I send it?
Mate, why don't you start your own thread?

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Its totally straight forward

Company only send the appointment report as downloadable file thy dont send the posted document
Actually home office hire per hour case worker they dont know about the company house process

And another thing is they just want to make money and every one knows these days their institution exploit even each other so they refuse and people go for appeal and money is in their hands
Ur case is straight away only printable document is needed which u already supplied
Rizmir

jeez
Newly Registered

Visa refused

Post by jeez » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Applied on 23, Oct, 2012.
My Application is refused on the basis of following points:
1) Self employed letter was not attached.
I have attached original welcome letter of HM Revenue and customs as self-employed, now you see how silly temporary workers are.

2) Confirm the name of each third party and their contact details, including their full address including postal code, land-line phone number and any email address.
Case worker said, the letter you have provided from Halifax does not confirm all of the above as listed at paragraph 41-SD (a)(i).

Answer: I have provided third party information on the declaration document, as bank cannot provide this details. However, bank letter from third party shows his balance, name and full address clearly mentioned including bank statement.

3)One or more contracts showing trading, the contract you supplied does not give the telephone number of the other party involved and you therefore do not meet the requirements at paragraph 41-SD(c)(iv) of the Immigration rules.

However I have provided all business details but telephone number was missing. I am going in appeal; I will provide land-line number in trading contract.

Please suggest me more points which make my appeal successful, all type of comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Jeez

business genius

Another shocking refusal decision

Post by business genius » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 pm

One of my friend got visa refusal on the grounds that he has not sufficient funds in his account. He had both Pound sterling and dollar account. He converted $ to pound on Oanda.com currency converter one day before application and attached the Oanda .com currency converter too. Then again case worker write in the decision that you are short of 50,000 pounds sterling by more then 2000 pounds. I don't know that case worker has used the open market conversion rate.
Now my friend is very stressed and looking for good solicitor for appeal. And appeal is very time consuming process.

I myself have done biometrics on 08 April and waiting for any news....now a days mostly bad news around.

penny1012

Appeal

Post by penny1012 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:16 am

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about the refusals. I am still waiting for my appeal date. It is important to respond to all the reasons why the application has been refused. It is also important to back up everything with documentary evidence. I have looked up all the relevant rules and sections on line and read about case laws etc to get a better understanding. It is best according to me to get expert legal help at this stage, as the appeal might be our only way of getting the decision overturned. We should take full advantage of appeal rights as according to Guardian journalists PBS appeals are to end, see link http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/05/ ... -scrapped/

Best of luck guys.