ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help on FLR (M) form filling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alle

Urgent help on FLR (M) form filling

Post by Alle » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,

I have a PEO booked for the 1st of Aug for my wife, there are few concerns as to what to write on the application form and what evidence to show. Please someone clarify these for me

background

I am on ILR changed from tier 1 two weeks back.
My Wife is on Tier1 dependent visa currently and looking to obtain flr on FLR (M) as she has not spent 2 years in the UK to get ILR

Requirements to meet:
show relationship between my and my wife is genuine. Can anyone confirm if this is true in my case and if so what is/are the proof I can show

Financial requirement
As my wife initially got Tier 1 dependent visa under the rules in place before 9th July I assume this will not be applicable for me. Please state if I'm correct and if not I will be showing the same payslips and bankstatements I used for my ilr and my annual income is more than £18600.00 Please state if thses docuemnts are adequate

Adequate accomodation and maintenance requirement
Even though I will not have to show the Financial requirement, it seems this is required from all applicants. Can anyone please ellaborate on what are the proofs that we could produce to meet this requirement.

I'm a little tensed at the last moment as my wife has only a few days to attend the PEO session

Please help me with this
Thanks
Alle

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:42 am

There are basic common sense answers. If you are capable of posting the questions in good english on this forum, I am sure you are capable of of working what to provide in application form.
Your wife is already on your dependant visa. Use your brain to work out if you still need to provide the proof of genuine relationship.

Just use you knowledge of what can be used as proof of accomodation?
Are there some elusive documents that you think someone will tell you about?

Alle

Post by Alle » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Many thanks asim72

appreciate your comments. From a common sense perspective one can easily work out the documents to show as proof, however when it comes to the home office, common sense may not prevail at all times. what I see as evidence may not be considered by the case worker. I have seen in other threads people discussing about check list of docs to produce, I was hoping if someone might suggest a check list for settled person dependent visa, particularly considering the changes in july.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:54 pm

When did your wife enter UK as PBS (your) dependent?
When does her current leave expire?

Alle

Post by Alle » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:36 pm

my wife came to UK in dec 2011 as tier 1 dependent
her visa is expiring on 20th Aug 2012.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 pm

OK.

UKBA have all the information of your accommodation, and just a mention in the form is enough, but for your peace of mind, you could take your rent agreement, council tax bill etc.

Maintenance can be met by producing your last 6 pay slips and bank statements.

You could take other bills and in your and your wife's names too. Caseworker will take what he wants.

To be honest, I do not see any problems meeting maintenance and accommodation requirement.

Ignore section 7A of the application form.

Alle

Post by Alle » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 pm

thanks for your prompt response,

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Alle,

Your concern is very valid, even tho u think u have got it all its always better to be concerned which will help u to be better equiped.

I think asim's initial response was too harsh. This is a forum intended for people to discuss thr issues and any concerns they might have. If everyone was an expert then probably this forum wasnt required.

Can I ask u a question please Alle? I am applying for SET (O)-ILR this Aug and for my wife I am applyin for FLR (M). She is already in the UK and like ur case, all the evidence for marriage have already been provided to them earlier. However for peace of mind I am still going to produce these same documents. My wife falls under the old rules pre 9 July 12 since her visa was granted (dependant of PBS) in April 12. In that case the income of £18.6k is not relevant for me (even tho that is not an issue for me at all). My questions r below:

1. What did u fill under Section 7 where the income of £18.6k is mentioned considering that it is N/A in our case?
2. How much savings is required to be shown for FLR (M). I have a balance of >£2.5k. Is that enough? When she applied for her dependant of a PBS from India, the requirement was just £533 for 3 months (since I was a UK resident for more than 12 months).

Can u pls advise? :) Many thanks

Alle

Senior Member, Moderator please hellp

Post by Alle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi,

I am in a muddle myself, my wife and I attended the PEO session with the FLR(m) form and when produced to the caseworker the caseworker said there have been some changes and that he wanted to check some things and for us to wait in the waiting area. After about 45 minutes we were called back and the case worker advised that due to the recent changes that my wife can't apply under the FLR(M) form and that she has to fill the FLR(0) and that she should tick PBS dependent. He said as she is already in the UK she can extend the visa as a tier 1 dependent and apply for ILR after completion of 2 years in the UK. To add to the misery I was told this has to be a postal application as they cannot accept this form for premium services. The case worker also advised that my wife will be assessed on the PBS dependent basis. my greatest concern is that if they do, PBS dependents required a set amount e.g £800 the exact amount which I am still to find out has to be in the account for 90 days as I was following the requirements on the FLR (M) form I didn't maintain this amount.

I am not 100% convinced that I was given the correct information in respect to fill what application. Please can a senior member or a moderator help me with my situation and provide advise asap as my wife's visa is expiring soon

Thanks
Alle

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi,

That is a horrible experience.

Let me get a few things straight first.

1. You applied for ILR via SET (O) form, right?
2. Your marriage is < 2 years and hence you have opted for FLR (M), right?

If you are saying YES to the above questions, then I am worried about the caseworkers advise.
The link to the Home Office website is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/

This link clearly says that FLR (M) for spouses. if you open the pdf version of FLR (O) it clearly who should be using this firm.
So what are you planning to do now? Have u thought abt involving a solicitor? he might be able to guide you and it could potentially be taken further if the case worker is proven wrong.

Alle

Post by Alle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi send2archan,

Answers to your questions 1 and 2 are yes!

I followed the directions according to the ukba link on your post. but absolutely confused after hearing what the case worker said.

I am still under the research mode to findout what steps I have to take for the application. If I manage to get evidential answers to state that I can apply under the FLR (M) I will go ahead myself or if not I will have to seek legal advise

Please keep me posted if you find anything.
I am really looking for a senior member or a moderator to look into my case here

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:28 pm

This is a bullshit, I even can't see the option of PBS dependant in LFR(O). So strange, so many people have got FLR(M) when their spouse got ILR and all of they were on PBS dependants.
Did they deducted FLR(M) fee?

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Do one thing call them tomorrow and discuss in general what form should be filled for ILR spouse? if they say FLR(M) then discuss your case as well.

Can you share any further update with others?

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 pm

I have just confirmed from UKBA by calling on public enquiry phone number, ILR dependant spouse needs to fill FLR(M) form.

Alle

Post by Alle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi Every one,

Sorry haven't been active lately

My wife applied with FLR(m) at Croydon PEO last week and she was approved dependent visa under the old rules. visa extended for 24months she can apply for ILR once completing her 24 month stay in total in the UK.

Guys there seems to be loads of confusion around what form to apply for former tier1 dependents under the old rules to qualify for ILR after 2 years. even UKBA helpline advised me with FLR(O) form. To be on the safe side my wife took both the applicaitons and when asked at the initial counter she was asked to submit the FLR(M) form.

Finally case approved and got the BRP early this week

Thank you all for all the support you have shown

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello Alle first of all I found asim72 intial response to you very harsh, I agree with send2archan we should feel free to ask questions over here and its ok to be concerned about things,

I have the exact same scenario as you had and also I will be applying for FLR(M) but on the contrary whenever I call homeoffice they said to me that I should use FLR(M), can you please share the list of documents you had attached with your application

Thanks

nspraveen82
Newly Registered

Question on set(O) and flr(M) appointment

Post by nspraveen82 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:45 am

hi, i am trying to get a apointment for my ILR and i am applying on set o for,m. my wife is on ilr depenendent so can me and my wife go on the same day on a single appointment that i will get for my ILR? or should she have a different appointment as she is applying in flr(M)?

smkengr

Re: Question on set(O) and flr(M) appointment

Post by smkengr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:56 pm

nspraveen82 wrote:hi, i am trying to get a apointment for my ILR and i am applying on set o for,m. my wife is on ilr depenendent so can me and my wife go on the same day on a single appointment that i will get for my ILR? or should she have a different appointment as she is applying in flr(M)?
If this is not a family appointment then only one whose name is on the appointment will be treated. You need either a family appointment or two appointments.

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Alle wrote:Hi Every one,

Sorry haven't been active lately

My wife applied with FLR(m) at Croydon PEO last week and she was approved dependent visa under the old rules. visa extended for 24months she can apply for ILR once completing her 24 month stay in total in the UK.

Guys there seems to be loads of confusion around what form to apply for former tier1 dependents under the old rules to qualify for ILR after 2 years. even UKBA helpline advised me with FLR(O) form. To be on the safe side my wife took both the applicaitons and when asked at the initial counter she was asked to submit the FLR(M) form.

Finally case approved and got the BRP early this week

Thank you all for all the support you have shown
Hi Alle,

which documents you attached with your wife's case, FLR(M)? Can you provide me a list. I have got my ILR today and appointment for my wife's case (FLR(M)) is booked on Friday. Can you write me a list of docs you attached in your spouse case? Have you submitted photocopies as well?

nazeeer123
Newly Registered

Post by nazeeer123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:46 pm

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife can to uk on psw dependent in early April 2012. she spend 1 year on psw dependent .

My application is pending on 10 years ILR and my wife's visa is due to expire in end mayl.

I my previous discussion on this form i was told that she falls under old rules. and i don't need to fill the section 7A and need to go to section 7B

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not british from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say? my application is under consideration for ILR?

In Section 4 (it says it is mandatory to complete this section as required. )

Do we need to fill in any of this even if there are no children applying ?
My wife is expecting any day. What if i am applying her visa after her delivery do i need to fill in this section.

Section 7A: do i need to fill in any of this including 7.1 question? or should i just go to section 7B?

Setion 7B: In section 7B they are asking about rent and salary of my wife and myself.

If we fall under old rules i have seen on one of the links on this forum that you have to have 111.45 per week for a couple without children + the rent and the council tax. How much salary is sufficient for the flr m under old rules

do they consider any bank balance(s) in flr m application.

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi Nazeer,

Firstly, are you going for a postal application or in person? I agree that postal will be cheaper but I wud still like you to consider the premium service which I understand is expensive. the advantage of premium service is that if the case worker has any issues at all then he can always call you to clarify and this is something which wont happen when you apply via post. However, I understand the financial aspect of it and I believe that you will take the right decision.

I know that filling the FLR (M) form can be difficult and confusing and the options given are not very simple and straight fwd. My only advise is try YOUR BEST. Put yourself in the case workers shoes and try to assess what info would have helped you? Tick on the relevant Yes/No option which you think is correct and in that PAGE also attach a normal Word Doc explaining WHY you have chosen that answer. So if under Sec 2.2 you have chosen Yes, just explain in that word doc WHY you have chosen YES. So the idea is TRY TO MAKE the Case Workers life easier and he will cause less PAIN to YOU. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Then once its done SIMPLY attach the Word doc with a clip (dont staple). On the form, wherever you have ticked Yes/No just write beside in the space provided, "Please refer to the Page attached for clarification".
The case worker will then understand clearly what your situation is.

With regards to Funding, I was under Tier 1 before my ILR application so I showed a balance of £533 average over 3 months. This was the min requirement. If you can show an average of £1-£2k in your bank over over 3 months and last 12 months payslip, letter from employer etc, then the case worker will see all these docs together and make a call on whether you are CAPABLE to SUPPORT your Spouse. If your spouse also has a job then adding her salary details, employment letters will also help your case.

Sorry I cant give you very specific answers but I have tried to give the best possible answer to help. For salary and income details pls look into the form which shud have all the details. As long as you can make up the points, it sud be fine.

nazeeer123
Newly Registered

Post by nazeeer123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanx a lot send2archan.