ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Chohans,

Unfortunately, the system seems messed up big time.

You can just be patient and hopeful. I have read here some people have been lucky enough to get results within reasonable times.

You will get a reply only after 12 weeks, and that too is likely to be a generic one- with no specifics, no time frames.

I have lost my job and am unemployed as my company was insistent that I visit my head office in London prior my next assignment. I could not visit UK (although I have a multiple entry visit visa)- as my wife's solicitor strictly advised against my travel to UK as this could potentially put the application process on hold. Or would have invited further follow up paper work.

Most likely -visitor visa whilst waiting for a settlement visa is not possible. Also- have you retained your partner's passport?

Regards,
GD

chohans wrote:
gdl wrote:Hi Chohan,

Where did you apply from?

The overall process takes quite a while. My initial application through a solicitor was submitted on 7th July 2012. Thereafter, I submitted my passport and visa fee in Mumbai on 26th Feb 2013 to wake them from a slumber.

Yet nothing has happened!

Stay on this forum page to get updates.

Regards,
GD

Hi Gd,

We submitted application in Jalandher. Application tracking still says being processed from 4th Feb 13.
Is there a time limit for them to process the application.
I have come back to UK and just waiting, its such a long process.
Can my partner get a visitor visa while we waiting

chohans wrote:Can someone help - I applied for my spouses visa 04/02/13 in India, still not heard anything.
Does anyone know how long we will have to wait

chohans

Post by chohans » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks Gdl

Ive done all I can too sponser my husband.
I miss him immensly, just have to be patient and wait I suppose :(
I just hope they do not reject the application cant bear to wait a further 6 months

MaVa
Newly Registered

Post by MaVa » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Folks,
For people who have applied for Settlement Visa / Spouse visa in Jan 2013 /Feb 2013 and still frustrated for getting no response from the Embassy or VFS, read further.

VFS is just a courier, and their webiste is just as they are. Don't expect any speedy process.

BHC is the back the screen SCAMMERS, who have been told by the British Government, to prolong the process as much as possible and refuse any visa if you question them with regard to your application, by that you have to wait for long.

For those who got refused, either they wait long for appeal process or pay another fees (approx. 900GBP) for another visa application and again wait for a decision.

THose who appeal, they do nothing except to delay until the last week of the dead line and then they make a hasty decision, (mostly) to overturn their decision (if they want to overturn, they could very well do it in two minutes after looking at the paper works submitted) or fail to make a decisionand take it to a court hearing.

And mostly, at the hearing, they say that they are overturning the decision or ordered by the judge to overturn the decision. I have not seen decision gone in favour of the BHC or the Immigration authorities in this forum. (or may be people didn't bother to post).

Just look at the time scale these SCAMMERS take. From the date of application, to make a decision they could take anything between 120 days to 140 days (5months). If they refuse, you have to appeal, and from the date of appeal accpeted, the BHS has anything like 19 weeks to respond (approx. 4 months). Then in two months time, you could a have hearing date (2 months) Then the BHC have two months to implement the decsion made by the court.

Thats a total of 12+ months.

For those who are frsustrated within two months of applying, I really feel for them as I am going through all the above time scale.

I really want to reapply with a fresh application. But relunctantly I am backing away from it, I don't want to give this SCAMMERS a chance to plunder my hard working money for their mistakes.

When they refused my case, I had not only missed my spouse, but also opportunities. I could not relocate to another job, or another location, mainly not to jeopardise my appeal.

These people don't know what life is.

If your spouse's visa is refused, just think about your in-laws in the home country. Not only you miss your wife, you also slowly start loosing your self-respect as if it was your mistake that the visa was rejected. Although finally the Entry Clerance Officer would overturn their decision, and they don't even apologise for their mistakes.

People are really frustrated that they want to take this people to court. But as soon as they get their visa, they just want to get along with their own life and that is the biggest advantage the ECM at the BHC have.

Only if they are take to court and stripped of their post, they will make right decision.

gdl
Mood:
India

Re: Cast your vote

Post by gdl » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi Karan,

I have re-posted this petition on several more pages.

I think this movement needs to be intensified...I hope some support could be garnered at associations, gurudwaras and temples in UK where local population can passionately relate.

Things got to move...

Regrds,
Gd

K_Karan wrote:Hello All,

Hope all of us support for this petition to be considered by showing our support and frustration caused by UKBA.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34835

Hope UK government understands!

Karan

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi again Karan,

The other fast way is to share this link via email with friends and colleagues of UK spouses who can support this move.

Regards,
Gd

gdl wrote:Hi Karan,

I think this movement needs to be intensified...I hope some support could be garnered at associations, gurudwaras and temples in UK where local population can passionately relate.

Things got to move...

Regrds,
Gd

Hope all of us support for this petition to be considered by showing our support and frustration caused by UKBA.

Karan

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Gd,

Thanks, I did post in few websites and facebook as well, hoping lot would vote in favor.

Regards
Karun
gdl wrote:Hi again Karan,

The other fast way is to share this link via email with friends and colleagues of UK spouses who can support this move.

Regards,
Gd

gdl wrote:Hi Karan,

Things got to move...

Regrds,
Gd

Karan

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 pm

MaVa wrote:Folks,
For people who have applied for Settlement Visa / Spouse visa in Jan 2013 /Feb 2013 and still frustrated for getting no response from the Embassy or VFS, read further.

VFS is just a courier, and their webiste is just as they are. Don't expect any speedy process.

BHC is the back the screen SCAMMERS, who have been told by the British Government, to prolong the process as much as possible and refuse any visa if you question them with regard to your application, by that you have to wait for long.

For those who got refused, either they wait long for appeal process or pay another fees (approx. 900GBP) for another visa application and

again wait for a decision.

THose who appeal, they do nothing except to delay until the last week of the dead line and then they make a hasty decision, (mostly) to overturn their decision (if they want to overturn, they could very well do it in two minutes after looking at the paper works submitted) or fail to make a decisionand take it to a court hearing.

And mostly, at the hearing, they say that they are overturning the decision or ordered by the judge to overturn the decision. I have not seen decision gone in favour of the BHC or the Immigration authorities in this forum. (or may be people didn't bother to post).

Just look at the time scale these SCAMMERS take. From the date of application, to make a decision they could take anything between 120 days to 140 days (5months). If they refuse, you have to appeal, and from the date of appeal accpeted, the BHS has anything like 19 weeks to respond (approx. 4 months). Then in two months time, you could a have hearing date (2 months) Then the BHC have two months to implement the decsion made by the court.

Thats a total of 12+ months.

For those who are frsustrated within two months of applying, I really feel for them as I am going through all the above time scale.

I really want to reapply with a fresh application. But relunctantly I am backing away from it, I don't want to give this SCAMMERS a chance to plunder my hard working money for their mistakes.

When they refused my case, I had not only missed my spouse, but also opportunities. I could not relocate to another job, or another location, mainly not to jeopardise my appeal.

These people don't know what life is.

If your spouse's visa is refused, just think about your in-laws in the home country. Not only you miss your wife, you also slowly start loosing your self-respect as if it was your mistake that the visa was rejected. Although finally the Entry Clerance Officer would overturn their decision, and they don't even apologise for their mistakes.

People are really frustrated that they want to take this people to court. But as soon as they get their visa, they just want to get along with their own life and that is the biggest advantage the ECM at the BHC have.

Only if they are take to court and stripped of their post, they will make right decision.
I couldnt agree I hate bhc new dehli not only havw they wasted a year ofy life I am now hooked on antidepressants bcoz of these peole mya ppeal has been allowed but when my husband went with determination
Letter they told him to come back the next day and when he did they said we have no update come back after a month. I just cant wait till its dine
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi All

application being processed from 04/02/13

I emailed BHC with regards to my spouses application and this is the response I got

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email received here on 19/04/13, requesting an update on your application for a UK visa.

In order to assess your application further checks are being undertaken. A decision on your spouse’s application shall be made as soon as we receive the results of our inquiries. I am afraid it is not possible to tell you exactly when we will receive these results.

Yours sincerely,
PG
Correspondence Unit
International Operations and Visas, UK Border Agency
British High Commission, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021 (India)

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 pm

anyone care to comment

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:33 pm

@chohans
I do care,LOL.what you need to do is to have patience and just keep being hopeful as once you have gotten that reply from them it does means your case is being looked at and you Will hear from them real soon once they through with all their checks..The waiting saga can be a torn in the flesh and a drain in the soul but just hang in there you sure Will hear from them with some great news..all the best..

gdl
Mood:
India

Post by gdl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 am

Hi Chohans,

This is a standard reply!!

There are a few things happening behind the curtain- one among them being that they actually verify your previous financial year incomes and taxes paid from the tax office.

From what I have heard, some information of that is not digital. So perhaps it takes some time.

Our solicitor told us in January...and we are still awaiting further actions.

And as Mirabeelz said, all of us got to be patient, hope/ pray for the best. Try and continue your life............easier said than done...but sadly so.

We are all in the same boat :-)

Regards,
GD

chohans wrote:anyone care to comment

chohans

Post by chohans » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 am

Thanks mirabeelz

I hope i do here soon or else im moving to India lol

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:16 am

To all members of forum

There is a light at the end if the tunnel its been exactly one year since I applied and finally ukba r sending the determination letter to the bhc new dehli by this week so hopefully should have good news soon. Judt hang in there they have to say yes eventually
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 am

To all members of forum

There is a light at the end if the tunnel its been exactly one year since I applied and finally ukba r sending the determination letter to the bhc new dehli by this week so hopefully should have good news soon. Judt hang in there they have to say yes eventually
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

chohans

Post by chohans » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:50 pm

gdl,
we can only pray, im going to India this friday anyway to see my spouse for a week lets hope i hear something and i can bring him back with me :)

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi Chohans,

Just be patient, we all are in the same boat. Waiting for you have come down to days instead of weeks. So few more days you will hear good news from them soon.

Hoping our prayers will be answered soon.

Regards
Karun
chohans wrote:Hi All

I emailed BHC with regards to my spouses application and this is the response I got

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email received here on 19/04/13, requesting an update on your application for a UK visa.

In order to assess your application further checks are being undertaken. A decision on your spouse’s application shall be made as soon as we receive the results of our inquiries. I am afraid it is not possible to tell you exactly when we will receive these results.

Yours sincerely,
PG
Correspondence Unit
International Operations and Visas, UK Border Agency
British High Commission, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021 (India)

chohans

Post by chohans » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 pm

thanks karun, cant wait till friday, just hope i wont have to come back on my own. I will pray for all of you and hope you will see your loved ones soon.

Will keep you all posted if i hear anything else from BHC

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Does anyone know how to contact bhc new dehli they are so rubbish at forwarding calls in to relevant section
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

Takdeer
Newly Registered

Post by Takdeer » Wed May 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Takdeer wrote:
alice57 wrote:
Takdeer wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
You missed the hours a person works per week.It is a must requirement :wink:
Hello,
May I know what exactly needs to be given as part of the section "C. the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;"?
Should the employment letter must have the exact terminology for all of the above 4?
Appreciate your co-operation in answering this.

Thanks
Hello Takdeer,

Every company maintains a standard format in which the letter is provided by the HR for visa..In our case we did the same.But had to re sumbit it since it didn't mention specific terms as required by UKBA.We resubmitTed the letter by mentioning all the above details including the SOC code.

The letter should specifically mention terms like annual gross salary, your title,period of employment ,SOC code stating the reason the letter was provided

Point C basically means the letter should state the same salary mentioned in the application which is also coherent to all the documents provided as evidence for financial requirement eg salary slips, bank statements
Thank you very much for the response. But, I still need a bit more clarification on this.
1. When you mentioned, "you had to re-submit it since it didn't mention specific terms", what did u re-submit? (Did u requested the HR to provide the reference letter in the above format) Whom did u re-submit? (To UKBA?).
2. Do you mean you yourself prepared another letter on top of the employement reference letter provided by the HR which is not in the format specified by the UKBA? Please clarify.
3. May I know what is the SOC Code?
4. Regarding Point C, Is it the same as Annual Salary?
If I joined an organization around 3 months before and I was paid for the 3 months salary which is lesser than the threshold to meet for the application, what value needs to be entered for the Point C? Is it still the annual Salary?
5. What if the HR Refuses to give the details in the above format specified by the UKBA and follows the organization's own format which will meet some of the points in the above format?

Sorry for the detailled queries as these were the questions I am not sure.

Looking forward to hear for you!

Thanks & Regards
Hello everybody,

Anyone interested in answering these questions ?
Thanks in advance :)

Thanks

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Just had a response from the home office uk stating my applucation has been dispatched to the embassy. I hope this means my husband will get a call letter soon
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Wed May 01, 2013 10:06 pm

Just had a response from the home office uk stating my applucation has been dispatched to the embassy. I hope this means my husband will get a call letter soon
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

nikunj15
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement Visa Timelines

Post by nikunj15 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:08 am

Applied at VFS New Delhi on 27/02/2013
Application forwarded to BHC Delhi on 28/02/2013
Visa Granted on 01/05/2013
Status Changes on VFS Website to "Processed Application handed over to Blue Dart" but with no tracking number
Called VFS for tracking number on 03/05/2013
Passport Received on 03/05/2013 with visa stamped until 27/02/2016

Thanks for all the help. All the best to those who are waiting.

K_Karan

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa Timelines

Post by K_Karan » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

Congratulations nikunj15.
nikunj15 wrote:Applied at VFS New Delhi on 27/02/2013
Application forwarded to BHC Delhi on 28/02/2013
Status Changes on VFS Website to "Processed Application handed over to Blue Dart" but with no tracking number
Called VFS for tracking number on 03/05/2013
Passport Received on 03/05/2013 with visa stamped until 27/02/2016

Thanks for all the help. All the best to those who are waiting.

stitaprajna

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa Timelines

Post by stitaprajna » Fri May 03, 2013 1:14 pm

nikunj15 wrote:Applied at VFS New Delhi on 27/02/2013
Just in two months, incredible.

Congrats.
Many Thanks,
Stit

chohans

Post by chohans » Fri May 03, 2013 5:45 pm

congrats nikunj15