ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rules for Life in the UK test and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desertlord

New rules for Life in the UK test and Naturalisation

Post by desertlord » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi All,

I have passed my UK life test before my settlement last year, this year, if I apply for citizenship on or after 28 December, do I need to take the new test?
I have had a look on the statement but still confused.

Please advise

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

ibroxy
Newly Registered

Post by ibroxy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 pm

You don't need to do the Test again. The test does not expire.

cobra

Re: New rules for Life in the UK test and Naturalisation

Post by cobra » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Your UK Life test still valid, but you are require to add one more certificate "have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification".

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Is it correct ? Can one of the senior members advise please. If I have passed the life in uk test do I need anything else for citizenship if applying after 28 December ?????

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 pm

desertlord wrote:Is it correct ? Can one of the senior members advise please. If I have passed the life in uk test do I need anything else for citizenship if applying after 28 December ?????
Unless exempt, you'll need to satisfy the new requirement after October 2013.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 am

thanks all for the replies so far, I have a degree taught in English from overseas, would that be accepted as an evidence of language abilities? if I send it to UK Naric is it is a university degree in English but from overseas