ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant Visa refused Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afzalfinance

Tier 1 dependant Visa refused Maintenance Fund

Post by afzalfinance » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi
Thanks in advance for reading and answering. Requested to reply with confirmed answers.

One of my friend Wife applied from Pakistan as Tier 1 dependant. My friend has recently got his Tier 1 extension and so he is in this country for last 5 years.
The question is what should be the amount of maintennace fund in this case £600 or (£600+£900)=£1500
Here is the paragraph from the refusal letter

"In your application you propose to join your sponsor in the UK. You provide evidence of your marriage and your sponsor’s circumstances in the UK. You also show that your sponsor has leave in the UK and I am satisfied that your sponsor has an established presence in the UK. This means that you are required to show £600 available for your maintenance and £900 for your sponsor. This totals £1500 and these funds must be available for 90 continuous days no more than 31 days prior to the date of your application. You have submitted an ABC Bank statement in your sponsors name but the balance in this account is regularly below the required amount. Therefore I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319 (c)"
God help those who help themselves

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 am

Its wrong, Its only 600£ not 600 + 900, Appeal against the decision, but appeal usually takes long time, my advice is reapply and appeal.

Thanks,
Uday

kolaxy

Post by kolaxy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Same thing happenned to me about 2years ago. All I did was to bombard the British High Commission in my home country with emails and Phone calls refering them to the relevant sections and paragraphs of the UK Border Agency concerning Maintenance Fund.

Within 2weeks, my dependant was asked to come for her visa.