ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC and VISA Validity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakuec

EC and VISA Validity

Post by deepakuec » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi All,

I have got the HSMP approval ..now i want ot apply for VISA .. Can i get it without any job offer and if i got it will my HSMP be valid for 2 years .. and what will be the date of Start of Validity ..
Will it be VISA stamping Date plus two years OR
the Date of Approval for HSMP which is 13 March 2007 ..

Let say i apply for teh VISA in August and got it so the Validity period will be from August or March ?

regards,
Deepak

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:07 pm

you do not need a job offer to apply for entry clearance, what you need to show is that you have enough funds to support yourself and any dependents while in the UK looking for work.
It is often useful to show that you have begun looking for work in the UK.

Your initial visa may be issued for a period not exceeding two years. It is up to the descetion of the entry clearance officer and it is normally issued for one or two years.

Your visa will either be valid from the date that it is stamped in your passport (not the date of your hsmp approval letter) or if you ask and this again is up to the entry clearance office's descretion, you may get it to begin at a date in the future. Remember you must apply for the entry clearance visa within the time stipulated by your hsmp approval letter.
'In everything give thanks'

deepakuec

EC VISA and Sufficeint funds

Post by deepakuec » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:24 am

Dear Ofcharity,

Thanks for the answer and explaining so clearly.
I have put one more quetion If you can reply that as well ... the question is ...

Any idea how much time it takes for the EC throgh VFS ( I am in Bangalore India )

Can you please let me know that how much is the sufficeint fund to be shown in the Bank to be shown to the EC officer ...
and should this amount be there in the bank for Six months or to show the Property will also be usefull.

regds,
Deepak

niruv

Post by niruv » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:26 am

Does anyone please give me bangalore VFS phone number?

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:51 pm

don't be lazy, help yourself, go to http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/

niruv

Post by niruv » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:48 am

apply4hsmp,

Did u find the bangalore phone number in http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/.
I have already checked these websites.
Only chennai number is given for all the southindian VFS offices.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Re: EC VISA and Sufficeint funds

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:58 pm

deepakuec wrote:Dear Ofcharity,

Any idea how much time it takes for the EC throgh VFS ( I am in Bangalore India )

Can you please let me know that how much is the sufficeint fund to be shown in the Bank to be shown to the EC officer ...
and should this amount be there in the bank for Six months or to show the Property will also be usefull.

regds,
Deepak
Hi Deepakuec

I have no idea how long EC in India takes, it may be useful to search the forum to see how long it took for others who applied from Bangalore.

Regarding the issue of sufficient funds, there is no set figure, It should be enough to support your self and any dependents while you look for work in the UK. Based on the cost of living in the UK I would estimate that if you have no dependents the equivalent of around £2500 may be sufficient, 1-2 dependents may require around £5000 and so on. This of course is purely my opinion and based on the cost of living in the UK, more or less may be acceptable, again searching the board for examples of what successful applicants from your region submitted is a good idea.

As to how long the money should be in the bank, my advice would be that whatever you choose to do, it is a good idea to show the source of the funds if possible. I have known of cases where persons show the title deeds for property as proof that they have assets which they can sell to provide funds.
'In everything give thanks'