ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rc1982
Newly Registered

Cohabitation - ILR

Post by rc1982 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I have couple of questions

1. How many document does UKBA requires to prove Cohabitation in ILR. What i mean is that Is Bank statements for last 2 years enough? or they need more proof?

2. The second question is not on Cohabitation. I wanted to know how long before can one apply for premium family visa appointment for ILR? and what is the website for that?

Thanks ... R

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi

Regarding your first question, if documents are in JOINT NAME then 6, else 12. They should be from 3 different source.

Correct me if I am wrong Seniors.

I don't know the answer to the second questions

rc1982
Newly Registered

Cohabitation - ILR

Post by rc1982 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 pm

what do you mean three sources?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:54 pm

3 different categories. Just as an example: 1. ultility bills 2. Council tax 3. Medical letter
A collection of bank statements won't be accepted, you need additional proof of joint address.

In answer to your second question...PEO appointment slots are only released 42 days in advance.
Last edited by Casa on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:54 pm

By sources, I mean three different types. Like Bank Statement is one source, Council Letter is another source, GP Letter is another one. Utility bills are another example.

rc1982
Newly Registered

Cohabitation - ILR

Post by rc1982 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Is mobile phone bill valid?

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

No. Mobile phone bill does not count. But you land line bill, Sky bill counts.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:12 pm

rc1982
Newly Registered

Cohabitation - ILR

Post by rc1982 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Guys tell me something all these document should have to be for the entire 2 years. I mean if we take three sources as council tax, letters and bank statements then does the council tax has to show entire 2 years ?? I mean council tax can be OK how am i suppose to get letters to prove every month for last 2 years?

akash08

Post by akash08 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 pm

First thing first.. there is no hard rule..

However, if you have council tax for the entire 2 years , then all you need is another proof.. water bill, electricity bill. gas bill etc..

However, bank statement is not a good one..

Please note the word good one.. Bank statements are not automatic success.. they can always be accepted though..

However council tax covering 2 year and utility bill for significant duration (say 1 year) is sure success..

Just think them as order of importance

1. council tax
2. Utility bills
3. NHS letters

Macco

Post by Macco » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:51 am

Thanks for sharing this information, I was not aware about that we need to produce these document as cohabitation proof. :x

I am in UK for 4 years and since landlord is my friend, so I am paying all bills/rent to him and none of the bills are on my name yet. Even if I start converting them to my\my wife's name, I can't produce 2 years proof, where I am due for ILR next year. I used to get letters from NHS, but it seems for past 6 months they are not sending any letters, but informing over ph/text.

Can any senior member advice, what are the option for me ? :x

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:34 am

Macco wrote:Thanks for sharing this information, I was not aware about that we need to produce these document as cohabitation proof. :x

I am in UK for 4 years and since landlord is my friend, so I am paying all bills/rent to him and none of the bills are on my name yet. Even if I start converting them to my\my wife's name, I can't produce 2 years proof, where I am due for ILR next year. I used to get letters from NHS, but it seems for past 6 months they are not sending any letters, but informing over ph/text.

Can any senior member advice, what are the option for me ? :x
Have you got bank statements from 2 years ago? What about any correspondence from anywhere at all? What documents have you got addressed to each other jointly or separately over the last 2 years? Get searching.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:35 am

akash08 wrote:First thing first.. there is no hard rule..

However, if you have council tax for the entire 2 years , then all you need is another proof.. water bill, electricity bill. gas bill etc..

However, bank statement is not a good one..

Please note the word good one.. Bank statements are not automatic success.. they can always be accepted though..

However council tax covering 2 year and utility bill for significant duration (say 1 year) is sure success..

Just think them as order of importance

1. council tax
2. Utility bills
3. NHS letters
There is no order of importance for documents, the list given by ukba is not exhaustive.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Macco

Post by Macco » Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 am

I only have few letters from NHS, which were for my wife. Can I get anything from my landlord (who is my friend) to prove that we are staying in this property for so and so time period. Infact I never thought of applying for ILR, I was here for short time originally.. but now I am completing my 4.5 year in next month and just got to know from this forum about certain documents.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 am

Macco wrote:I only have few letters from NHS, which were for my wife. Can I get anything from my landlord (who is my friend) to prove that we are staying in this property for so and so time period. Infact I never thought of applying for ILR, I was here for short time originally.. but now I am completing my 4.5 year in next month and just got to know from this forum about certain documents.
NHS is good, at the end of the day any letters dated and spread over the two year period could be used. You need a joint letter x 6 or a single letter each x12 or a combination of both. Have a good hunt around, at the beginning you could use bank statements then other sources for later on.

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:53 am

I have been following updates on this topic and really need to understand something here because I am due for ILR by end of August 2013 so meaning I have to apply anytime from end of July.

It nevered also occurred to me that I would need at least 2yrs proof of address for me and my wife. My fear is most letters sent to my wife where not kept especially NHS appointment letters.

How do I sort this out for her since we don't have mails addressed to both of us.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 2:18 pm

isaac2k2 wrote:I have been following updates on this topic and really need to understand something here because I am due for ILR by end of August 2013 so meaning I have to apply anytime from end of July.

It nevered also occurred to me that I would need at least 2yrs proof of address for me and my wife. My fear is most letters sent to my wife where not kept especially NHS appointment letters.

How do I sort this out for her since we don't have mails addressed to both of us.
Gather all the letters you have over the last 2 years and see what you can put together for every 4 months since you got your Flr(m). A letter each or a joint one for each of the every 4 months. It doesn't need to be every 4 months, just an example to make it easier. NHS letters are also not a requirement, see what you have got.

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm

But on a serious note, does this apply to someone who came in with HSMP as married couples?

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu May 02, 2013 12:41 am

D4109125 Wrote
You need a joint letter x 6 or a single letter each x12 or a combination of both. Have a good hunt around, at the beginning you could use bank statements then other sources for later on.
Guys, thanks a lot for your contributions to this forum. Please help me to understand this as i never thought about this cohabitation until i recently found through this forum.

1- by joint letter x 6; does it mean 3 letters from 3 different sources each year? so the total will be 6 letters for 2 years period?

2- Can i use same source for year 1 & same source for year 2? e.g if i use council tax, bank statment, BT bill for year 1, can i use these sources again for year 2 or does it need to be water bill, electricity bill, driving licence for year 2?

3- single letter each x 12; does this mean 6 letters from 3 different sources each year? so the total will be 12 letters for 2 years period?

4- Combination of both; if i only have a council tax with joint names, how many more documents i will need with separate names on?

5- Can a tenancy agreement from a private landlord (on a photocopy tenancy agreement) with joint names be used for cohabitation purpose? I transfered rent via bank but my landlord is quite happy for me to buy or to do any required work and deduct money from rent so i paid balance in few months and once i did not pay him anything for two months when i bought few things for flat.

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 am

I submitted the following documents which had my parters name and my name:
Council Tax bill
Electricity bill
Water bill
Letter from GP confirming address and date of registration
Letter from electoral register confirming address and date of registration

Backup documents which I didn't submit
Tenancy agreement
Wife's bank statements
Wife's credit card statements
Gas bill

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 02, 2013 5:45 am

Sahib wrote:D4109125 Wrote
You need a joint letter x 6 or a single letter each x12 or a combination of both. Have a good hunt around, at the beginning you could use bank statements then other sources for later on.
Guys, thanks a lot for your contributions to this forum. Please help me to understand this as i never thought about this cohabitation until i recently found through this forum.

1- by joint letter x 6; does it mean 3 letters from 3 different sources each year? so the total will be 6 letters for 2 years period?

2- Can i use same source for year 1 & same source for year 2? e.g if i use council tax, bank statment, BT bill for year 1, can i use these sources again for year 2 or does it need to be water bill, electricity bill, driving licence for year 2?

3- single letter each x 12; does this mean 6 letters from 3 different sources each year? so the total will be 12 letters for 2 years period?

4- Combination of both; if i only have a council tax with joint names, how many more documents i will need with separate names on?

5- Can a tenancy agreement from a private landlord (on a photocopy tenancy agreement) with joint names be used for cohabitation purpose? I transfered rent via bank but my landlord is quite happy for me to buy or to do any required work and deduct money from rent so i paid balance in few months and once i did not pay him anything for two months when i bought few things for flat.
1. Yes 6 joint letters for 2 years from 3 different sources. Roughly every 4 months you need a letter.

2. Yes you can use same 3 sources both years.

3. Yes

4. For every 4 months you need either 1 joint letter or 2 single named letters.

5. It is the dated on the letters which are important. A tenancy agreement copy would be good for proof of accommodation although this is not expressly required. The other letters you have mentioned are great for cohabitation.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm

D4109125, thank you very much for your reply. So clear and answers all my questions. Much appreciated.

Superfox, thank you for sharing your experience

Macco

Post by Macco » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks Amber. I have another doubt..
Can I used sequence of letters as.. Infact I have council and Bank statement letter for last 1.5 yr.. while NHS letters from all years.

1. NHS Letter -> Jan'2012 (wife's name)
2. NHS Surgery Letter -> April'2012 (wife's name)
3. Electoral Card -> Aug'2012 (Mine and my wife)
4. Council bill -> Dec'2012 (Joint Name)
5. NHS Letter -> March'2013 (Wife's name)
6. Bank Statements -> Jul'2013 (Mine and my wife)
7. Council Bill -> Oct'2013 (Joint name)
8. Bank Statement -> Dec'2013 (Mine and my wife)

Macco

Post by Macco » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:32 am

@Amber and other senior members.. Could someone please confirm if these documents would be fine ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:59 am

What about something in your name for 1 and 2?