ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Reasons for Absence Clarification (Tier 1 General only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anndeep

ILR Reasons for Absence Clarification (Tier 1 General only)

Post by Anndeep » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:23 pm

I am concerned about this recent para added on UKBA website:
"During the continuous residence period, you cannot be outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 consecutive months. Absences must be for a reason that relates to the reason for your stay in the UK, or for a serious or compelling reason such as serious illness. Your employer must confirm in writing the reason for your absence from the UK if it was related to your work. You must confirm in writing the reason for the absence if it was related to your business or self-employment or if it was for a serious or compelling reason"

I have not exceeded 180 days in any 12 consecutive months so far. However, I have made brief trips to India for Christmas or summer break or visiting family (all within my annual leave). I have also not taken any unpaid leave so far. However, I am very concerned about reasons for absence mentioned in the paragraph above. My absences (visits to India) have "not" been for any serious or compelling reasons or business trips. Will it be OK to show general visits/trips to India within 180 days?

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 am

Hi,

As long as you can back it up with a letter from your employer that it was a paid annual leave, it should be fine.

Try to get a letter which has bank holidays included in it, since those are still paid by the employer :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

syed_ILR

Re: ILR Reasons for Absence Clarification (Tier 1 General on

Post by syed_ILR » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Anndeep wrote:I am concerned about this recent para added on UKBA website:
"During the continuous residence period, you cannot be outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 consecutive months. Absences must be for a reason that relates to the reason for your stay in the UK, or for a serious or compelling reason such as serious illness. Your employer must confirm in writing the reason for your absence from the UK if it was related to your work. You must confirm in writing the reason for the absence if it was related to your business or self-employment or if it was for a serious or compelling reason"

I have not exceeded 180 days in any 12 consecutive months so far. However, I have made brief trips to India for Christmas or summer break or visiting family (all within my annual leave). I have also not taken any unpaid leave so far. However, I am very concerned about reasons for absence mentioned in the paragraph above. My absences (visits to India) have "not" been for any serious or compelling reasons or business trips. Will it be OK to show general visits/trips to India within 180 days?
Can you list the absences for a better response..?

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm

syed_ILR wrote:

Hi syed_ILR,

I'm not sure about the details of absence since he has mentioned already that all of them were PAID annual leaves, unless I missed something or you have a different view altogether.

Thanks.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Hi syed_ILR,

I'm not sure about the details of absence since he has mentioned already that all of them were PAID annual leaves, unless I missed something or you have a different view altogether.

Thanks.
what I mean is to show it in a tabular form.

Year No of Days