ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi! I have gotten my HSMP Approval but am in a fix

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardraj

Hi! I have gotten my HSMP Approval but am in a fix

Post by hardraj » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi,

After much stress application and reapplication I have finally gotten my HSMP. The thing now is I need to apply to get it stamped. I am incountry but my Passport is with the HomeOffice on a Student Visa Appeal. The passport the homeoffice hold is expired and I have a new passport sitting at my Embassy but they wont release it to me until I give in my old passport.

So what can I do?

Would really appreciate some ideas.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi,

Ask the Home office to cancel your student appeal and return ur docs. Even if ur student appeal still goes successful, once u apply for EC ur student visa will be cancelled automatically because HSMP superseeds the student visa.

hardraj

thanks but?

Post by hardraj » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:10 pm

If I was to cancel my Student Visa Appeal - wouldnt that mean I would need to go back to my home country and make my application from there?

mayana

Post by mayana » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:34 pm

If I was to cancel my Student Visa Appeal - wouldnt that mean I would need to go back to my home country and make my application from there?

hardraj,
Certainly you will have to go to your home country to apply for EC except you are eligible to switch from WP, WHM or other work related document as approved by HO.

Mayana