ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amandahaggett
Newly Registered

Financial Requirements

Post by Amandahaggett » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 am

I will be applying for my spousal visa in August. My husband is a British citizen. We have 2 children but they have British passports so only I require a visa. My concern is with the financial requirement. My hubands basic bay is 17000 GBP per year however there is constant overtime and bonus. When taking his last 6 months pay statements and finding the average is works out to 1620 GBP per month. Using that amount he would exceed the required yearly amount of 18600 GBP. Will they accept this as meeting financial requirements when including overtime and bonuses if I can have his employer make a statement that the overtime and bonus is constant? Thank You

Daznov
Newly Registered

Post by Daznov » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:02 am

Yes, overtime and bonuses can be counted.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Check 5.5.14 and also 5.6.1 regarding the employer letter.

Amandahaggett
Newly Registered

Post by Amandahaggett » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Great thank you. He has not yet been at the company 6 months so as I understand we need to wait until he has been there 6 months and has averaged 1550 per month to qualify. Is this correct? If he has been there less than 6 months he will not qualify?

wangxiaosara
Newly Registered

Re: Financial Requirements

Post by wangxiaosara » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Amandahaggett wrote:I will be applying for my spousal visa in August. My husband is a British citizen. We have 2 children but they have British passports so only I require a visa. My concern is with the financial requirement. My hubands basic bay is 17000 GBP per year however there is constant overtime and bonus. When taking his last 6 months pay statements and finding the average is works out to 1620 GBP per month. Using that amount he would exceed the required yearly amount of 18600 GBP. Will they accept this as meeting financial requirements when including overtime and bonuses if I can have his employer make a statement that the overtime and bonus is constant? Thank You
You can not use average pay to work out if you have met the financial requirement, you should check every single monthly payment for the past 6 months, if any of those month's pay fall below 18600/12 before tax, you application will be refused.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirements

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Amandahaggett wrote:I will be applying for my spousal visa in August. My husband is a British citizen. We have 2 children but they have British passports so only I require a visa. My concern is with the financial requirement. My hubands basic bay is 17000 GBP per year however there is constant overtime and bonus. When taking his last 6 months pay statements and finding the average is works out to 1620 GBP per month. Using that amount he would exceed the required yearly amount of 18600 GBP. Will they accept this as meeting financial requirements when including overtime and bonuses if I can have his employer make a statement that the overtime and bonus is constant? Thank You
Does he have any savings? Is the employment salaried or non-salaried?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amandahaggett
Newly Registered

Post by Amandahaggett » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 am

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

I copied the above from the UKBA website. Would that not imply they will use the average from the last 6 months? He is salaried however gets constant hourly overtime and bonuses bringing his earnings up. His pay stubs don't actually even show his salary as his hours can change weekly

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:43 am

Amandahaggett wrote:(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

I copied the above from the UKBA website. Would that not imply they will use the average from the last 6 months? He is salaried however gets constant hourly overtime and bonuses bringing his earnings up. His pay stubs don't actually even show his salary as his hours can change weekly
He works as a salaried employee thus, must meets the annual amount you are relying on each month. That is at least £1550 gross each months for the last 6 months. However, does he have any savings?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amandahaggett
Newly Registered

Post by Amandahaggett » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:17 am

I don't know if he will qualify as salaried as his pay is still based on how many hours he works, not his salary. If he works under his designated hours he gets paid less and if he works over he gets paid more. We have savings but according to the website nothing under 16000 GBP is counted as savings and we do not have that much

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Amandahaggett wrote:I don't know if he will qualify as salaried as his pay is still based on how many hours he works, not his salary. If he works under his designated hours he gets paid less and if he works over he gets paid more. We have savings but according to the website nothing under 16000 GBP is counted as savings and we do not have that much
Yes that's the case in afraid. Could he not take on a 2nd job?

Amandahaggett
Newly Registered

Post by Amandahaggett » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 pm

he could but then we would need to wait another 6 months to include that income. to be honest I do not believe he will be considered salaried so we should be able to meet the requirement

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Amandahaggett wrote:he could but then we would need to wait another 6 months to include that income. to be honest I do not believe he will be considered salaried so we should be able to meet the requirement
Well if he's non-salaried the last 6 months are averaged.

zed78
Newly Registered

Post by zed78 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:06 am

I have a query which I hope you can help me with.

In order to meet the financial requirement is it possible for category A (salaried in employment for at least 6 months or more) and Category B (salaried employment for less than six months) be combined to meet the financial requirement. I checked the IDI in relation to this and found it to be conflicting.please help! :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 am

zed78 wrote:I have a query which I hope you can help me with.

In order to meet the financial requirement is it possible for category A (salaried in employment for at least 6 months or more) and Category B (salaried employment for less than six months) be combined to meet the financial requirement. I checked the IDI in relation to this and found it to be conflicting.please help! :)
Yes, they can be combined, though the calculation for cat a and b is different, do you know how to calculate them?

zed78
Newly Registered

Post by zed78 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:55 am

Yes, they can be combined, though the calculation for cat a and b is different, do you know how to calculate them?[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

The scenario is my brother (application for his wife to join him) has been in salaried employment for the last 12 mnths where his gross annual income is £17,800. He has 2 new part time jobs which he started 3 months ago.

I am confused from my reading it appears he does not meet the Category B requirements where (1) the gross annual salary of the part time jobs meets the financial requirement of £18,600 (his part time job gross annual salary is £8,000) and (2) in the last 12 months he has received the level of income required to meet the financial requirement (given that his gross annual salary is £17,800).

does this mean he will fall for refusal as he cannot use any of the other categories.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 am

zed78 wrote:Yes, they can be combined, though the calculation for cat a and b is different, do you know how to calculate them?

Thanks for your reply.

The scenario is my brother (application for his wife to join him) has been in salaried employment for the last 12 mnths where his gross annual income is £17,800. He has 2 new part time jobs which he started 3 months ago.

I am confused from my reading it appears he does not meet the Category B requirements where (1) the gross annual salary of the part time jobs meets the financial requirement of £18,600 (his part time job gross annual salary is £8,000) and (2) in the last 12 months he has received the level of income required to meet the financial requirement (given that his gross annual salary is £17,800).

does this mean he will fall for refusal as he cannot use any of the other categories.
You are combining them:

So for Cat A = Min gross wage in last 6 months x 12 = Cat A annual salary

So threshold you need to meet with Cat B = £18600 – Cat A annual salary

So basically, the annual salary of Cat B plus the Cat A annual salary must meet the threshold and you must have, when combining all the wage slips over the last 12 months meet £18600 gross.

suraj4utd
Newly Registered

Post by suraj4utd » Wed May 15, 2013 6:34 pm

D4109125 wrote:
zed78 wrote:Yes, they can be combined, though the calculation for cat a and b is different, do you know how to calculate them?

Thanks for your reply.

You are combining them:

So basically, the annual salary of Cat B plus the Cat A annual salary must meet the threshold and you must have, when combining all the wage slips over the last 12 months meet £18600 gross.

you cannot combine cat a and b calculations together. They both need to be evidenced differently.

For the first part of Category B, You need contract and employment letters from all employers to show that your gross pay combined from all jobs is atleast minimum of 18,600.

And then for the second part, you need to provide evidence (i.e. last 12 months payslips) to show that you've earned atleast 18,600 in the last 12 months.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 15, 2013 6:42 pm

suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

You are combining them:

you cannot combine cat a and b calculations together. They both need to be evidenced differently.

For the first part of Category B, You need contract and employment letters from all employers to show that your gross pay combined from all jobs is atleast minimum of 18,600.

And then for the second part, you need to provide evidence (i.e. last 12 months payslips) to show that you've earned atleast 18,600 in the last 12 months.
You can combine them, yes the calculations are different and so is the evidence, although, the evidence from cat a will be included for cat b.

suraj4utd
Newly Registered

Post by suraj4utd » Wed May 15, 2013 8:13 pm

D4109125 wrote:
suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

You are combining them:

You can combine them, yes the calculations are different and so is the evidence, although, the evidence from cat a will be included for cat b.
You can only apply under either Cat A or Cat B, you cannot apply under both,

If you apply under Cat A, you add the gross pay from both jobs each month together, use the lowest monthly gross pay in the last 6 months and times it by 12 to get your annual income.

Whereas in Cat B, You need to provide evidence that you're in the employment where you are earning atleast 18,600 (hence why you need your contract letters from both jobs, so you will need a contract letter from your job A stating your gross annual income of 17,800 and a contract letter from job B stating your gross annual income of 8000) AND then you need to provide evidence that you've earnered 18,600 in last 12 months, by providing last 12 months worth payslips from both jobs. (The lowest monthly gross pay calculation doesn't apply in category B, as this category can also be used by someone who has been with the same employer for over 6 months but their income is variable because of bonuses, overtime etc.)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 15, 2013 8:25 pm

suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
You are combining them:

If you apply under Cat A, you add the gross pay from both jobs each month together, use the lowest monthly gross pay in the last 6 months and times it by 12 to get your annual income.

Whereas in Cat B, You need to provide evidence that you're in the employment where you are earning atleast 18,600 (hence why you need your contract letters from both jobs, so you will need a contract letter from your job A stating your gross annual income of 17,800 and a contract letter from job B stating your gross annual income of 8000) AND then you need to provide evidence that you've earnered 18,600 in last 12 months, by providing last 12 months worth payslips from both jobs. (The lowest monthly gross pay calculation doesn't apply in category B, as this category can also be used by someone who has been with the same employer for over 6 months but their income is variable because of bonuses, overtime etc.)
This is what has been said, combing the income source from cat a and cat b can be done! See pg 13 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary specified income is a different issue.

suraj4utd
Newly Registered

Post by suraj4utd » Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

D4109125 wrote:
suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
suraj4utd wrote:

This is what has been said, combing the income source from cat a and cat b can be done! See pg 13 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary specified income is a different issue.
I know what your saying, but on page 16, under category A, read 5.1.5...

5.1.5. Therefore income under Category A can be combined with Category C: non-employment income, Category D: cash savings and Category E: pension if necessary to meet the financial requirement.

and for Category B, page 19 and 20...

5.3.8. So, under Category B, the assessment of the financial requirement is based on:
(1) The gross annual salary or income from salaried or non-salaried employment at the date of application. This source can be combined with Category C: non-employment income, Category D: cash savings and Category E: pension; and

(2) The actual amount of gross income received from any salaried or non-salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application. This can be combined with the actual gross income received from Category C: non-employment income and Category E: pension over the same 12-month period. Category D: cash savings cannot be used under (2).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 am

suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
suraj4utd wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

I know what your saying, but on page 16, under category A, read 5.1.5...

5.1.5. Therefore income under Category A can be combined with Category C: non-employment income, Category D: cash savings and Category E: pension if necessary to meet the financial requirement.

and for Category B, page 19 and 20...

5.3.8. So, under Category B, the assessment of the financial requirement is based on:
(1) The gross annual salary or income from salaried or non-salaried employment at the date of application. This source can be combined with Category C: non-employment income, Category D: cash savings and Category E: pension; and

(2) The actual amount of gross income received from any salaried or non-salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application. This can be combined with the actual gross income received from Category C: non-employment income and Category E: pension over the same 12-month period. Category D: cash savings cannot be used under (2).
The table clearly shows that the income sources can be combined and although I agree the wording is not very clear I think the table is correct.