ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being out of UK after ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Being out of UK after ILR

Post by AndyGandhi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:05 am

Hello Veterans / Seniors,

I am looking for some light here. I am out of UK, 3 months after getting my ILR, due to personal committments. I know 2 yr. rule, of ILR. i.e. after being 2 yrs. continuously out of UK, ILR will be revoked. I appreciate below queries:
1) 2 yrs. start from the date, one departs from UK?
2) If one comes to UK, say, after 1.5yrs, I think, entry will be allowed. How much time, one has to stay in UK, for ILR clock to reset.
3) After ILR is lost & the person, wishes to return to UK , what category of visa he'll be allowed, specially in the scenario, when work visas are almost closed after this govt.
4) Is it possible to get the ILR rights back after 2 yrs. & how?
I appreciate the replies, please.
Andy :?

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Re: Being out of UK after ILR

Post by AndyGandhi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:56 pm

AndyGandhi wrote:Hello Veterans / Seniors,

I am looking for some light here. I am out of UK, 3 months after getting my ILR, due to personal committments. I know 2 yr. rule, of ILR. i.e. after being 2 yrs. continuously out of UK, ILR will be revoked. I appreciate below queries:
2) If one comes to UK, say, after 1.5yrs, I think, entry will be allowed. How much time, one has to stay in UK, for ILR clock to reset.
3) After ILR is lost & the person, wishes to return to UK , what category of visa he'll be allowed, specially in the scenario, when work visas are almost closed after this govt.
No replies yet? Please share yr knowledge.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:35 pm

AndyGandhi wrote:
AndyGandhi wrote:Hello Veterans / Seniors,

No replies yet? Please share yr knowledge.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... residents/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks a lot
This was usefull
ANdy