ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 (General) - Job Contract beyond visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timemachine
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 (General) - Job Contract beyond visa

Post by timemachine » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Dear All,

I have started my job on November 2012. My job contract ends on June 2014. My current visa is tier 1 PSW which is valid until December 2013.
I have asked my HR to support my Tier 2 application, and they are studying my request since March ( almost a month now). My question is, is there is a chance I get tier 2 visa in this case ? any ideas or similar cases?

Cheers

mthila

Re: Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 (General) - Job Contract beyond vis

Post by mthila » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm

timemachine wrote:is there is a chance I get tier 2 visa in this case ? any ideas or similar cases?

Cheers
Depending on your age and experience, if you are paid enough salary required by Appendix J SOC codes, you stand a good chance of getting a Tier 2 visa with an exemption to the RLMT
Don't take "NO" for an answer if it shouldn't be!!!

timemachine
Newly Registered

Post by timemachine » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Depending on your age and experience, if you are paid enough salary required by Appendix J SOC codes, you stand a good chance of getting a Tier 2 visa with an exemption to the RLMT
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick response.

my situation is: age is 29 , working as IT analyst. Got my MSc from London in 2011. at the moment my salary is 22,056.
Based on the new Tier 2 rules, am I eligible to apply as a new entrant ? would the 'new entrant' salary make my application simpler, despite the fact that 'IT analyst' job is not listed in the SOC codes?

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 am

You come under New Entrant. Any post study worker come under new entrant with no age restriction. Job title can be anything. But look at the job description and select the particular code. Salary must not be less than new entrant salary. SOC code, Job Description, Salary are very important.

mthila

Post by mthila » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 am

timemachine wrote:Based on the new Tier 2 rules, am I eligible to apply as a new entrant ? would the 'new entrant' salary make my application simpler, despite the fact that 'IT analyst' job is not listed in the SOC codes?
Read this document and find out which SOC code goes most closely to your job responsibilities and pay extra care to this as this will go in you CoS which the UKBA is very particular about. The required salary in this document is calculated for 39 working hrs per week. Therefore, if you are working only 37.5 hrs or 40 hrs per week, make sure you calculate the wages accordingly and make sure that it is above the threshold!!
Don't take "NO" for an answer if it shouldn't be!!!