ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Start Date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Work Permit Start Date

Post by Unwanted » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi,

I'm going for my ILR interview on Monday 30/01 and would appreciate your thoughts on the below:

My contract with my company started on 4th Feb 2002 and the letter from them confirming that my employment is continuing states this.

I have a letter from Work Permits UK dated 11th Feb stating that they are able to approve the employment for 60 months.

I have a subsequent letter from them dated 26th Feb stating that they are returning my passport endorsed with permission to stay.

The endorsement in my passport is dated 17th Feb 2002.

Highly confusing - what is the actual WP start date; 17th Feb? If so, will I have a problem given that my employment started on 4th Feb? :?

Thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:04 pm

I don't think you will have a problem on Monday because you are permitted to apply 28 days before the end of the relevant four-year period.
John

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Thanks John. I was more concerned about accusations of 'working illegally' given the difference in dates between when my contract started and when the work permit was issued.

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:54 pm

then I think you should put WP issued date on the form

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:00 pm

hi unwanted

i had a simuilar situation a few years back when i applied for the ilr

three dates

started working on thr 4th september 2000
visa stamp i think was 17th september 2000
work permit approval was 28th september

i think i applied on the 7th of auust 2004, actually my employer applied for the ilr through a law firm. got ilr next day

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi,

Well I successfully got my ILR today with no questions asked. I decided not to tempt fate by seeking clarification from the case worker... :)

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Unwanted wrote:Hi,

Well I successfully got my ILR today with no questions asked. I decided not to tempt fate by seeking clarification from the case worker... :)
Congratulations Unwanted! I hope that now makes you feel 'Wanted'!!

Jothy
Newly Registered

Post by Jothy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm planning to apply for ILR this month in person. I got the same situation as above.

Will the case worker ask any questions about this? If so, please advise what can I answer for them?
Last edited by Jothy on Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latte
Newly Registered

Post by latte » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Unwanted wrote:Hi,

Hello Unwanted! Firstly let me conglaturate on your ILR. well done.

I need ask you regarding your application process. If you see my topic "documents check on 5years WP" you'll see what I need to know, and your worry about the date gap is different to my worries completely but I'm desparate to know what you submitted in your application. Please shed some light on this!

Thanks so much in advance,

latte

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:36 pm

Jothy wrote:I'm planning to apply for ILR this month in person. I got the same situation as above.

Got the employer letter last week and mentioned that my start date was 23May2005, but Work permit approval letter dated on 15June2005, (As our solicitor has got verbal confirmation from the case worker about the approval, he confirmed me to start work on 23May2005).

Will the case worker ask any questions about this? If so, please advise what can I answer for them?
As I wasn't asked any questions, I can't give you a definitive answer on what to respond with.

But for what its worth, you probably won't get questioned as the delta is relatively insignificant. I based my application on the date stamped on my passport to be on the safe side.

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:47 pm

latte wrote:
Hello Unwanted! Firstly let me conglaturate on your ILR. well done.

I need ask you regarding your application process. If you see my topic "documents check on 5years WP" you'll see what I need to know, and your worry about the date gap is different to my worries completely but I'm desparate to know what you submitted in your application. Please shed some light on this!

Thanks so much in advance,

latte
I've responded to your other thread latte.