ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull (25th April) HSMP+Tier1 + 1 Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

superfox
Newly Registered

ILR Success @ Solihull (25th April) HSMP+Tier1 + 1 Dependant

Post by superfox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Got my ILR today at Solihull. I had 74 days absence (58 paid and 16 unpaid). I was absent from the UK for 16 days before I started my job. I had a letter from my employer regarding my paid leave and business travel. I had also included a personal letter for the 16 days unpaid leave. The case worker did not request for any absence document.

Documents submitted:

Set O Application
Payslips
Bank Statement
Cohab documents
Life in the UK Test
Cover letter from employer
Photos

The entire process took 3 hours (including 90 minutes lunch time). Also Solihull take the payment before they start working on the case.

Hope this helps members who are worried about unpaid absences. Happy to answer any questions.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull (25th April) HSMP+Tier1 + 1 Depen

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm

superfox wrote:Got my ILR today at Solihull. I had 74 days absence (58 paid and 16 unpaid). I was absent from the UK for 16 days before I started my job. I had a letter from my employer regarding my paid leave and business travel. I had also included a personal letter for the 16 days unpaid leave. The case worker did not request for any absence document.

Documents submitted:

Set O Application
Payslips
Bank Statement
Cohab documents
Life in the UK Test
Photos

The entire process took 3 hours (including 90 minutes lunch time). Also Solihull take the payment before they start working on the case.

Hope this helps members who are worried about unpaid absences. Happy to answer any questions.
Congratulations Mate. Did you submit all the documents at once or the CW was asking one by one. How Many month's Bank Statements and Pay slips were asked? How would you rate Solihull PEO?
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 pm

12 months statements and payslips. The cw asked for the documents she wanted and i handed it over to her. I would rate 10/10 for customer service and professionalism. They make you feel welcome and at ease. Hope this helps.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:19 pm

superfox wrote:12 months statements and payslips. The cw asked for the documents she wanted and i handed it over to her. I would rate 10/10 for customer service and professionalism. They make you feel welcome and at ease. Hope this helps.
Thank You for your reply and posting your Experience. Enjoy your ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

rt987
Newly Registered

Post by rt987 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Congratulations on getting your ILR. I am in exactly the same situation as you. I have 18 days outside UK before I started my job. Can you please advise what reason did you state in the personal letter?

I have my appointment at Solihull in 2 weeks.

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:33 am

I didn't make up any reason. I had to go to India for my wedding. I had my wedding invitation and marriage certificate with me as proof.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 am

Congrats superfox for sharing your experience. Can you share the employer letter format of Paid leaves + Personal letter for unpaid leaves too ?

I'm also same situation like yours , took unpaid leaves went to india for my wedding purpose.

I believe you have used NEW SET(O) form,
In section 6.3 of Set (O) gives you the option to do this: WHICH OPTION YOU HAVE SELECTED ??

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?
Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons

Please advise

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Employer Letter:

To <Date>
<PEO Details>

Re: <Applicants Name> application for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom

Dear Sir/Madam,

<Applicants Name> has been employed by <Employer Name> as a <Designation> on a full time and permanent basis since <Employment Dates>. During his employment with <Employer Name> <Applicants Name> was absent from the United Kingdom for the following periods:

<Insert absence details and reasons>

While abroad he was still on <Company Name> payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in a UK bank account. The annual paid leave taken by <Applicant Name> is inline with his annual paid leave entitlement.

Should you require any further information please contact <Contact Person in HR> at < phone number> or <email address>.

Yours sincerely,

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Personal Letter
To <Date>
<PEO Details>

Re: Details of absence from the United Kingdom to support application for indefinite leave to remain

Dear Sir/Madam,

I entered the United Kingdom on <Date> on a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) visa and started applying for jobs from <Date>. I was offered a job as a IT Consultant on a full time and permanent basis with <Company Name> on <Date>

I accepted the job offer and joined, <Company Name> on <Date>. Prior to joining <Company Name> I was absent from the United Kingdom once and below are the details:

<Absence Details>

I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information provided is true and accurate.

Yours sincerely,

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:27 pm

pegakrishna wrote: I believe you have used NEW SET(O) form,
In section 6.3 of Set (O) gives you the option to do this: WHICH OPTION YOU HAVE SELECTED ??

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK? -Yes

Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons - No. I selected Other and mentioned Letter from applicant stating reason
Please advise

purlain
Newly Registered

Post by purlain » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm

superfox wrote:12 months statements and payslips. The cw asked for the documents she wanted and i handed it over to her. I would rate 10/10 for customer service and professionalism. They make you feel welcome and at ease. Hope this helps.
so you did not submit the employer letter or personal letter for your absence, right?

thanks

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:44 pm

I was not asked to submit any absence letter.

suppermm
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull (25th April) HSMP+Tier1 + 1 Depen

Post by suppermm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm

superfox wrote:Got my ILR today at Solihull. I had 74 days absence (58 paid and 16 unpaid). I was absent from the UK for 16 days before I started my job. I had a letter from my employer regarding my paid leave and business travel. I had also included a personal letter for the 16 days unpaid leave. The case worker did not request for any absence document.

Documents submitted:

Set O Application
Payslips
Bank Statement
Cohab documents
Life in the UK Test
Photos

hi, I find out your doc include cover letter from employer, is that because you are full time employee by a company, could you share your cover letter? I am T1G holder, I have parttime employee by a small company and full time slefemployee, I would like to know if I have to have the cover letter or not. thank you