ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fees discrepancy between form and the UKBA website

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robbyuk

Fees discrepancy between form and the UKBA website

Post by robbyuk » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 pm

:?:

Hi friends,

While applying for an extension of my Tier 2 ICT leave under Long term route, I found a discrepancy between the appropriate fees for the same.

While filling up the form for the visa application, I came across a rather strange thing which I thought of asking you with a view that you might be able to help. This is regarding the appropriate fees to be chosen for the application.

Here is the discrepancy:

1) Fees (for long term staff) as mentioned on the UKBA website

Main applicant: £578.00
This information has been taken from the UKBA website & the link is here --> http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /ict/cost/

2) Fees as per the Visa application form (see page number 6 of the form available from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf )

Main applicant: £412.00

The fees mentioned in the above mentioned 2 cases is different, hence, the discrepancy and the confusion.

I called "Immigration Enquiry Bureau" @ 0870 606 7766 - they were initially unaware of the situation, but, after I explained it to them, they accepted the discrepancy and asked me to follow whatever is there on the form.

That means I should select £412.00 which I too feel is correct, however, I just needed to check with all of you if anyone of you know of this issue and know the most pragmatic solution to this as well.

Please help as to what can be done in this scenario.

Thanks in advance!

Warm regards,
Robby

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 am

20+ views and no reply - Please help friends !!!

Thanks in advance!

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

robbyuk wrote:20+ views and no reply - Please help friends !!!

Thanks in advance!
I think you will be fine if you follow the form. Also the fee on the form is less.
And you were told by UKBA staff to follow the fee on the form.
Then what is your worry? I suggest you to act quickly before they change it.

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for your response !

I have followed what was mentioned on the form and submitted it today itself. I just wanted to double check whether I am doing anything wrong here because I have never encountered any discrepancy in UKBA's rules & associated forms.

I hope nothing goes wrong now and my applications doesn't get rejected !

Thanks again !!!

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm

robbyuk wrote:Thanks for your response !

I have followed what was mentioned on the form and submitted it today itself. I just wanted to double check whether I am doing anything wrong here because I have never encountered any discrepancy in UKBA's rules & associated forms.

I hope nothing goes wrong now and my applications doesn't get rejected !

Thanks again !!!
UKBA is operated by people who are human. To error is human. So no surprise if there is mistake or inconsistency. I learned that many complain that different people in UKBA give different or even contradicting advice on the same thing.
I can understand your concern. It is good that you already get advised by calling UKBA.