ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (o) form enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tvsgold
Newly Registered

ILR Set (o) form enquiry

Post by tvsgold » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi,

I have a few doubts while filling the set(0) form...I m on Tier 1 General visa for last 5 yrs.

What to answer for questions below
1.10 Home Office reference number if you have one ?
1.12 BRP reference number

7.11 How long have you lived in the UK ? yrs & months
Will the date start from the date of entry clearence stamped on passport or the actual date of entry in UK ?

7.12 Please state what ties you have with
1) The country where you were born
2) Any other country whose nationality you hold
3) Any country where you have lived for more then 5 yrs

You should tell us about any family , freinds or other connections with that country

COUNTRY SOCIAL CULTURAL OR FAMILY TIES

what to answer here in the above country & social cultural or family ties column ?

Section 9 , Qualification assessment
it asks for grade ? is that mean 1st grade or 2nd grades ? like 1st class/2nd class in Indian degree certificates ?

Section 11 , For the period before you were granted Tier 1 (General) Migrant, document showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules .

What documentation do i need to give in this section 11 as i m on Tier 1 (General) visa for last 5 yrs ?

Thanks
TVS

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:23 am

Please consider any replies from senior members, but I got my ILR this week and this is how I filled mine in:

1.10, 1.12
My immigration lawyer told me it's not important to fill in the HO reference, so I left it blank - didn't cause any problems for me.
BRP - if you have a biometric residence permit then you should have this number, otherwise leave it blank. I don't have one so I left it blank.

Perhaps someone else with direct experience can reply to this, but I would assume it's from the date of entry. I put 5 years. If you put less than 4 years and 11 months then according to guidelines you haven't lived in UK long enough to apply for ILR (should have been here 5 years but can apply 28 days before your visa expires)

My immigration lawyer didn't seem to think this section was that important, she read what I wrote and just said "that's fine" but focused on other sections which she felt were more crucial.
I put my country of birth, to which I no longer have any ties so I put "xxx - no ties" (where xxx = my country of birth).
Then I put the commonwealth country where I got my passport (not UK) and it's where my family lives, so I just put "Mother, Father, siblings, aunts and uncles live here" and that's all I put.
If you have family in various countries which you have close ties to then I guess you should put that down, but really how are they actually going to check any of this?

I suspect what they want to see is that you don't have ties to any countries on their watchlist, so if you put "close ties to north korea, iran and the west bank" then they might investigate that futher.

Qualification assessment
I think they just want to know that you passed. I received a bachelors degree with honours, so I just put "Honours".
If you passed and received grades of A, B, A, C etc. then put "passed with grades A, B, A, C..." etc.
As long as you have provided evidence of your graduation certificate then they probably won't care what you put in this section - as long as you passed and graduated.

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Post by tvsgold » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for your reply,
Can anyone also reply on the question about the
Section 11 , For the period before you were granted Tier 1 (General) Migrant, document showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules .

What documentation do i need to give in this section 11 as i m on Tier 1 (General) visa for last 5 yrs ?

Thanks
TVS

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Where is that in section 11?
What page? What subsection of 11? e.g. 11C ?

cluelesss

Post by cluelesss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am

For 7.11 i entered 4 years 10 months and my ILR was approved. no issues. :)

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Post by tvsgold » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 am

If you go to Page number 50 of the new Set (o) form,
Navigate to Section 11 L middle of the page

It Says
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

My Question is what documentation is required for the above clause ?

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:25 am

What visa were you here on before Tier 1 General?

I was on HSMP for 2 years and Tier 1 for 3 years.
As evidence for meeting immigration rules in first 2 years I got a letter from my previous employer saying that for the dates which I was absent from UK I was either sent overseas for work, or was using my annual leave.

There weren't any immigration rules in place when I was on either visa so it's a strange aspect of the application.
My lawyer said they previously didn't require evidence from Tier 1 applicants as there are no restriction on travel, but should get a letter from employer and also write a letter saying you didn't use public funds, weren't working as a professional sportsperson etc etc and weren't breaking any immigration rules.

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Post by tvsgold » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

I Was on T1 Genearal visa throughout last 5 yrs....So T1 (G) from 2008 till 2011 + T1 (G) from 2011 till 2013...So does 11L paragraph applies to me ?

Cheers
TVS