ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current rule on personal appearance - Passport renewal HCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

Current rule on personal appearance - Passport renewal HCI

Post by theroyale » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I need to apply for a new passport because I have run out of pages on my current passport. The wording in this situation is unclear on the website (http://www.hcilondon.in/passport.php) regarding post/personal appearance.

My question is, can I send and receive my passport for the above situation purely in the post?

There is one paragraph ("Note: An applicant is required to visit the High Commission at least once either for submission of application or collection of Passport. ") - but which situation does this apply for, and also currently (December 2012) how is it enforced? For e.g. if I send it by post what happens? Do they respond saying I have to come personally on a particular date to collect it?

Thanks for your responses.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 am

Hello,

Happy to say that I received my new passport in the post yesterday. It took 6 weeks from date of submission. I did NOT have to go to HCI London either to submit or to receive my application. The rules on this are very contradictorily worded on the HCI website. Note that I live outside the London area.

Also can report that they were extremely prompt in responding to my queries on status update by email.

DBSai
Newly Registered

HCI London - Email address for new passport status update

Post by DBSai » Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm

[quote="theroyale"]Hello,

Happy to say that I received my new passport in the post yesterday. It took 6 weeks from date of submission. I did NOT have to go to HCI London either to submit or to receive my application. The rules on this are very contradictorily worded on the HCI website. Note that I live outside the London area.

Also can report that they were extremely prompt in responding to my queries on status update by email.[/quote]

Hi Theroyale,

Could you please share to which email address we have to sent queries for status update on passport renewel.

Thanks & Regards,
Dbsai

theroyale

Re: Current rule on personal appearance - Passport renewal H

Post by theroyale » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:14 pm