ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR today. Is it one year from now to get Citizenship?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Got ILR today. Is it one year from now to get Citizenship?

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi All,

I got my ILR today.
Is it one year from now to be eligible for Citizenship?
I have my wife as dependent she has lived in the country with me only from 10th March 2011. FYI.. she has come to UK only on 10th March 2011.
By the time I am eligible for citizenship i.e on 29th Apr 2014. It will be 3 yrs stay for my wife with me.
Should the dependent stay with Main applicant for 5 yrs to be eligible for Citizenship? Please let me know.

Also please give me anyother suggestions that will make my citizenship application smoother. I would like to maintain all those docs from now on.

Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Got ILR today. Is it one year from now to get Citizenshi

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:Hi All,

I got my ILR today.
Is it one year from now to be eligible for Citizenship?
I have my wife as dependent she has lived in the country with me only from 10th March 2011. FYI.. she has come to UK only on 10th March 2011.
By the time I am eligible for citizenship i.e on 29th Apr 2014. It will be 3 yrs stay for my wife with me.
Should the dependent stay with Main applicant for 5 yrs to be eligible for Citizenship? Please let me know.

Also please give me anyother suggestions that will make my citizenship application smoother. I would like to maintain all those docs from now on.

Thanks in advance.
Please do not post the same thread in different sub-forums

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133628
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.