ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance Visa refusal/appeal 2013

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnwray29
Newly Registered

Entry clearance Visa refusal/appeal 2013

Post by johnwray29 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Settlement visas in Nigeria processed in Sheffield UK and no longer Nigeria.
Last edited by johnwray29 on Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi,
My spouse visa too was submitted in Lagos and was refused based on "Subsisting Relationship". It has the same reference as yours "SHEFF". When I met with my lawyer, he tried to figure out where this reference came from, he told me that he has not seen this type of reference before, however, he did appeal. So reading your thread now saying it is decided at Sheffield, which I did not believe, because every visa applications submitted in each country is decided in that country, it may just be a new reference given to some types of applications, the best advise it to appeal and if possible(based on the reasons for refusal) ask your lawyer or you write a letter to BHC to reconsider their decision. The reason why I am saying this is because this is the second time that my spouse visa application was refused, but the first reference bears LAG,. However, they know better whichever reference they use, I believe it was decided in Nigeria not in UK., best of luck

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 04, 2013 12:06 am

It is possible that in certain countries where application for visas are high, that certain files and applications are sent to ECO at other posts in the UK or other parts of the world.The Refs no is just a reference number to quote in correspondence and nothing else.