ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query about dependant visastatus after mainapplicant got ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

query about dependant visastatus after mainapplicant got ILR

Post by arihan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 pm

I got my ILR ( through tier-2 pbs) on 18th april -2013 after completion of 5 years.
my wife as my depdenat came to uk on july 2011 and her visa is valid till dec, 2013.
However she would be eligible for ILR in july 2013 as probation period is 2 years.
So can she stay with her current visa status i.e tier-2 dependant PBS till july ( eligbile date for ILR) even my visa got changed to ILR.

=================
Called UKBA this morning and they said that yes, she can stay upto Dec, 2013 with her present visa status.
Anybody having any info regarding this which goes against this then pls let me know.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Yes, It's correct. Your dependent can stay current visa even though main applicant changed his / her visa status.

No issues will arise when she will apply ILR.

ILR-SH
Newly Registered

Post by ILR-SH » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 am

Yes. You can apply her ILR by using SET (M) form. No issue!

arihan

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

but from now to till her eligible date ( july 2013) she can stay with her current visa ( i.e tier 2 PBS dependant)

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm

ILR-SH wrote:Yes. You can apply her ILR by using SET (M) form. No issue!
SET(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

barker

Post by barker » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi Arihan,

She does not need to change her visa. As per the current rules she can continue on her Tier 2 dependent visa, even though you have attained ILR, and apply directly for ILR when she completes the probation period.