ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Tier 1 and Outstanding Tax

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aqeel

ILR on Tier 1 and Outstanding Tax

Post by Aqeel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:40 am

Hi Members,

I'm applying for ILR in June on PEO, I was initially given HSMP and then extension as Tier 1 General at the time of extension I was employed plus a self employed and claimed points on the basis of both sources.

I had to pay HMRC tax on my self employement which was nearly £1900, which I wasnt able to pay because of change of circumstances, and HMRC agreed to a payment plan with me, which I'm paying them regularly on a monthly basis and I still have £1300 outstanding.

My question is since now I'm applying on a full time employment basis ONLY my full time employment is giving me full 20 points which I needed, do you think that outstanding tax can be a problem for me on PEO? can they turn down my application because I've got outstanding tax on my self employment for the year 2010-2011?

Thanks in Advance

Aqeel

No response

Post by Aqeel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Members advise please still waiting

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 pm

can anyone please advise???????????

wmazhar

Re: ILR on Tier 1 and Outstanding Tax

Post by wmazhar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Aqeel wrote:Hi Members,

I'm applying for ILR in June on PEO, I was initially given HSMP and then extension as Tier 1 General at the time of extension I was employed plus a self employed and claimed points on the basis of both sources.

I had to pay HMRC tax on my self employement which was nearly £1900, which I wasnt able to pay because of change of circumstances, and HMRC agreed to a payment plan with me, which I'm paying them regularly on a monthly basis and I still have £1300 outstanding.

My question is since now I'm applying on a full time employment basis ONLY my full time employment is giving me full 20 points which I needed, do you think that outstanding tax can be a problem for me on PEO? can they turn down my application because I've got outstanding tax on my self employment for the year 2010-2011?

Thanks in Advance
I don't think so, Many companies and individuals take extra time with HMRC every year, if HMRC is agreed and they give you more time than its totally legal and there should not be any problem. if you have HMRC agreement letter than you can take that with you.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 pm

HMRCH check if you pay tax, not UKBA.
the case workes will not know how to calculate tax etc.

What you have understand here is, UKBA are keen to check if you were economically active, why, because you are on a work visa here and they expect you to have met the relevant visa criteria.

hence it is a possibility that they could ask you for your tax activity, P60s, HMRC employment history etc.

The chances of them actually looking at the tax paid is very slim and actually insignificant, if the income earned is high (as per the requirement of your visa), I doubt they will look at the tax paid .

Even if they ask, just tell them you have an arrangement with HMRC and they will be fine.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 pm

My only other suggestion would be avoid Croydon, because theier they check your P60s more than other PEOs.