ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 DAYS!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stokbrig

7 DAYS!

Post by stokbrig » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 pm

I 'm going to apply for ILR after 5 years in the UK as HSMP and Tier 1 general migrant. I've had only 7 days outside UK during Christmas holiday in 2009.
Do I need a letter from my employer about this 7 days? if so, what should they say?

Please advise.

syed_ILR

Re: 7 DAYS!

Post by syed_ILR » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 pm

stokbrig wrote:I 'm going to apply for ILR after 5 years in the UK as HSMP and Tier 1 general migrant. I've had only 7 days outside UK during Christmas holiday in 2009.
Do I need a letter from my employer about this 7 days? if so, what should they say?

Please advise.
As per the current rules.If you were in employment then yes you will have to get a letter from the employer.

Just state the period and that were on paid leaves ..

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:33 am

Can anyone confirm ? thanks

uksettlement
India

Re: 7 DAYS!

Post by uksettlement » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 am

stokbrig wrote:I 'm going to apply for ILR after 5 years in the UK as HSMP and Tier 1 general migrant. I've had only 7 days outside UK during Christmas holiday in 2009.

Please advise.
You need a letter if you were in employment during your time out of the country.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.