ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Question about Proof of Earnings

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divisionbell

ILR - Question about Proof of Earnings

Post by divisionbell » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 am

Hi Friends,
Thanks to this forum for all the useful advice. I have my ILR appointment on 2nd May at Croydon PEO. I have one question related to proof of earnings. I did look up on FAQ section but did not find the answer.

I would like to claim for the last 12 months. I have got the payslips for the last 12 months, but i have got 11 bank statements (my bank statement arrives on 6th/7th day of every month). There are two options from which I am thinking of choosing one. Can you please guide which one should I go for:

Option 1: I'll go to bank tomorrow and ask them to provide the latest printed bank statement (it wont be the original bank statement), signed and stamped by the bank. Then I'll apply for ILR and claim points for earnings for the last 12 months i.e. from 1st May 2012 to 30th Apr 2013 (with 11 months original bank statements and one latest statement obtained from the bank as explained above). I also submit payslips and the letter from employer stating my gross salary and the net salary.

Option 2: I claim the earnings for 11 months (from 1st May 2012 to 31st Mar 2013). This way, as a proof, I present my 11 bank statements and 11 payslips and also the letter from the employer. I would still be able to meet the criteria for earnings even if I claim 11 months earning from a period of 12 months. If I claim for 11 months, do I need to explicitly mention the period as 1st May 2012 to 31st Mar 2013?

The reason I do not want to claim for 12 months from 1st Apr 2012 to 31s Mar 2013 (a 12 months period but leaving Apr 2013 month out) is because I am missing one salary slip of Apr 2012.

So, which one of these two options would be the better one for me? Can you please help urgently?

Thanks,
Ali

uksettlement
India

Re: ILR - Question about Proof of Earnings

Post by uksettlement » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:27 am

If you are getting the requisite points of 11months then submit bank statements and pay slips OR

Show 12 concecutive months earnings in the last 15 months. If you are applying in may, you can show earnings from April to march.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

divisionbell

Re: ILR - Question about Proof of Earnings

Post by divisionbell » Fri May 03, 2013 2:38 pm

uksettlement wrote:If you are getting the requisite points of 11months then submit bank statements and pay slips OR

Show 12 concecutive months earnings in the last 15 months. If you are applying in may, you can show earnings from April to march.
Hi,
Many thanks for your kind response. I got my ILR approved yesterday. I decided to go ahead with 12 months as opposed to 11 months. Got the 12th bank statement from the bank (signed and stamped). It was accepted by the PEO.
Will post my ILR success experience separately.
Thanks again.
Cheers