ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved at Croydon- 22 April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR-SH
Newly Registered

ILR Approved at Croydon- 22 April

Post by ILR-SH » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 am

Hell0 Folks,

Just to share that have got ILR approved along with my wife's ILR at Croydon. Quite a straight forward process. (HSMP+Tier1). A bit straight forward case as I have been working for the same employer

My Timeline

Initial grant May 2008
First Entry- May 2008
Tier 1 Extension- April 2010

Documents Submitted

Salary Slips
Bank Statements
Employer Letter
Absence Letter from Employer including business trips and Paid leave
LIUK results
Co-Habitation Docs
Initial Homeoffice letter for Tier extension

Process at Croydon- Please note that following is a new process at Croydon where you do not have any interaction with case worker and you see your application screen on a ig screen

Appointment Time 9:00
Initial Check- Token issued and Payment- 9:15
Case Registration: 9:30
Biometrics done by 9:45
Biomterics verified and case awaiting for consideration ( Status on Screen): 10:15
Case under considertaion:10:30
Call for Collection at counter 43: 12:00

Please note that the letter issued by Home office did not have spouse name however it shows that BRP cards are sent for dependants. After an enquiry, it was told its just a format issue and sometimes they issue letter with both names and sometimes with one but they do mentione depenant.

received BRP in 3 days time and they were right.

Thank you for the immigration board members for sharing their experiences. it is always helpful!

Happy to answer any queries

mrnaidu

Re: ILR Approved at Croydon- 22 April

Post by mrnaidu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:00 am

ILR-SH wrote:Hell0 Folks,

Just to share that have got ILR approved along with my wife's ILR at Croydon. Quite a straight forward process. (HSMP+Tier1). A bit straight forward case as I have been working for the same employer

My Timeline

Initial grant May 2008
First Entry- May 2008
Tier 1 Extension- April 2010

Documents Submitted

Salary Slips
Bank Statements
Employer Letter
LIUK results
Co-Habitation Docs
Initial Homeoffice letter for Tier extension

Process at Croydon- Please note that following is a new process at Croydon where you do not have any interaction with case worker and you see your application screen on a ig screen

Appointment Time 9:00
Initial Check- Token issued and Payment- 9:15
Case Registration: 9:30
Biometrics done by 9:45
Biomterics verified and case awaiting for consideration ( Status on Screen): 10:15
Case under considertaion:10:30
Call for Collection at counter 43: 12:00

Please note that the letter issued by Home office did not have spouse name however it shows that BRP cards are sent for dependants. After an enquiry, it was told its just a format issue and sometimes they issue letter with both names and sometimes with one but they do mentione depenant.

received BRP in 3 days time and they were right.

Thank you for the immigration board members for sharing their experiences. it is always helpful!

Happy to answer any queries
Hi,
Congratulations

Is this letter mandatory i dont have any business trips, i just went on holiday for 3 weeks.The employer is not exist in london now to get letter.

Also if possible can you send list of documents and your absence xl sheet

ILR-SH
Newly Registered

Post by ILR-SH » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:05 am

Hell mrnaidu,

When are you applying? I guess you can use old forms upto 28 days from 6th April. old form does not have any check box to tick regarding employer's letter for absences. New form does ask for it and somehow it is a requirement now. I had quite a number of absences (both official + paid holidays) so I provided that.

In your case, if you do not have any evidence, just mention in your application as you rown explaination and that would be fine.

Senior members can advice you further. I have already provided list of documents above? I would try to locate and upload soft copy of absence sheet. Generally it just shows

Date from Date to Reason for Absence Country

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 am

congrt, is no interaction with caseworker apply in all PEO or only croydon. I hope same it is same in liverpool and solihull. Thanks

ILR-SH
Newly Registered

Post by ILR-SH » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Valeed,

Thank You. It seems like that it is a new process in all PEOs. Good thing is that you do not have to go through tense moments of dealing with Caseworker's gestures. However point of caution is that you need to give best pssoible set of documents at the time of case registration. Having said that, it is not as tense as sometimes it is portrayed.
Just a suggestion that do not submit any extra documents with this perception that it would help. Only basic documents are fine. I took all other documents in an other folder but submitted only basic required documents
In my case, staff at PEO was very helpful.

All the best!

mrnaidu

Post by mrnaidu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 am

ILR-SH wrote:Hell mrnaidu,

When are you applying? I guess you can use old forms upto 28 days from 6th April. old form does not have any check box to tick regarding employer's letter for absences. New form does ask for it and somehow it is a requirement now. I had quite a number of absences (both official + paid holidays) so I provided that.

In your case, if you do not have any evidence, just mention in your application as you rown explaination and that would be fine.

Senior members can advice you further. I have already provided list of documents above? I would try to locate and upload soft copy of absence sheet. Generally it just shows

Date from Date to Reason for Absence Country
Thanks for prompt reply,

I have booked my appointment on June 6 so i might need to apply with new application.

I have been away from the country for all 5 years together is just 40 days and One single year max days are 20.It is annoying to get letter for these now from a previous employer.

Thanks anyway.

if possible send me docs list and covering letter to sbaala@hotmail.com

thanks again

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.