ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Degree Certificates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

valeed.naim2

ILR - Degree Certificates

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Hello,

I need forum member helps on the following issue. In the SET (0) form Section Qualification Assessment asking about the Starting and Ending dates of qualification.

When I applied my tier 1 extension I have written wrong starting date of course by mistake which I have notice today when I am filling ILR application. It should be 15/09/2007 but I wrote 15/07/2007.

Just wondering shall I correct it in my ILR application and write the correct date or just write the same course start date which I have wrote in tier 1 extension application to avoid any confusion.

I know it is very small issue but need expert advise. Thanks,

Valeed

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:03 am

Writing mistake everyone can committ. Therefore better would be to not to repeat it again and just write correct date. Usually in application a blank page is available for additional information/any clarification and there if you wish you can mention it there.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:47 am

Please any suggestion by expert. Does this fields matter. I am not sending my university degree again for my ilr because it was accepted previously and does not required for ilr. Thanks

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14 am

This mistake is a non-issue but will advise and very strongly too to repeat what what you wrote in your extension application.

Correcting it now with a note could trigger your application being flagged for further enquiries.

If the mistake has something to do with your year of award, i will conveniently advice you correct it with a note.
On the form which is page 28 of April 2013 version, two major questions relating to your degree are asked , that YEAR OF AWARD and DURATION OF AWARD. The most important of the two information is the year of award .

If there is need to confirm your certificate from the issuing authority , which i doubt at this stage(it would have been done at the extension stage), the year of award is what the UKBA will most likely use for enquiry.

Best of luck
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

onabanjo

Re: ILR - Degree Certificates

Post by onabanjo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:17 am

valeed.naim2 wrote:Hello,

I need forum member helps on the following issue. In the SET (0) form Section Qualification Assessment asking about the Starting and Ending dates of qualification.

When I applied my tier 1 extension I have written wrong starting date of course by mistake which I have notice today when I am filling ILR application. It should be 15/09/2007 but I wrote 15/07/2007.

Just wondering shall I correct it in my ILR application and write the correct date or just write the same course start date which I have wrote in tier 1 extension application to avoid any confusion.

I know it is very small issue but need expert advise. Thanks,

Valeed

This mistake is a non-issue but will advise and very strongly too to repeat what what you wrote in your extension application.

Correcting it now with a note could trigger your application being flagged for further enquiries.

If the mistake has something to do with your year of award, i will conveniently advice you correct it with a note.
On the form which is page 28 of April 2013 version, two major questions relating to your degree are asked , that YEAR OF AWARD and DURATION OF AWARD. The most important of the two information is the year of award .

If there is need to confirm your certificate from the issuing authority , which i doubt at this stage(it would have been done at the extension stage), the year of award is what the UKBA will most likely use for enquiry.

Best of luck
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 am

Yes, You are right. It is not written anywhere in my transcript which date i have started my degree only mention 2007/2008 year and offcourse exact ending date Feb 2009. but i came in uk september 2007 but mentioned degree was started in july 2007. please guide

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 am

I am waiting to expert comments on this. Thanks

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 am

please any suggestions
Last edited by valeed.naim2 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:55 am

I am waiting to expert comments on this. Thanks

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 pm

I will used the same dates as i write it down previousley.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Please any suggestion by expert. Does this fields matter. I am not sending my university degree again for my ilr because it was accepted previously and does not required for ilr. Thanks

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 pm

If your certificate has been submitted before there is no need for it to be sent again but if you are going for premium service ,that public enquiry office, PEO , I will suggest you have it as your back up documents but dont submit it unless asked and doubt if it would be asked. If you intend to go through postal application,please do not send your certificate.

I can understand how you feel but the issue of duration of study ,though necesaary to put the dates as thought fit or as it is,honesly dont complicate issue for yourself by writing a different duration period now which UKBA system can throw up as an issue.

I repeat, if your year of award is the same with your extention application, then you are fine

Jhumbo
Newly Registered

Post by Jhumbo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:38 pm

[quote="onabanjo"]If your certificate has been submitted before there is no need for it to be sent again but if you are going for premium service ,that public enquiry office, PEO , I will suggest you have it as your back up documents but dont submit it unless asked and doubt if it would be asked. If you intend to go through postal application,please do not send your certificate.

I can understand how you feel but the issue of duration of study ,though necesaary to put the dates as thought fit or as it is,honesly dont complicate issue for yourself by writing a different duration period now which UKBA system can throw up as an issue.

I repeat, if your year of award is the same with your extention application, then you are fine[/quote]

I included the graduation year only and ignored the start and end dates.

The caseworker had no issue with this - they have all your details already anyway.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Jhumbo wrote:
onabanjo wrote:If your certificate has been submitted before there is no need for it to be sent again but if you are going for premium service ,that public enquiry office, PEO , I will suggest you have it as your back up documents but dont submit it unless asked and doubt if it would be asked. If you intend to go through postal application,please do not send your certificate.

I repeat, if your year of award is the same with your extention application, then you are fine

The caseworker had no issue with this - they have all your details already anyway.
Thanks for this information. I have UK degree ans only end dates.But better option is leave this blank or used the date whatever written in Extension time.

Jhumbo
Newly Registered

Post by Jhumbo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 pm

[quote="valeed.naim2"][quote="Jhumbo"][quote="onabanjo"]If your certificate has been submitted before there is no need for it to be sent again but if you are going for premium service ,that public enquiry office, PEO , I will suggest you have it as your back up documents but dont submit it unless asked and doubt if it would be asked. If you intend to go through postal application,please do not send your certificate.

I repeat, if your year of award is the same with your extention application, then you are fine[/quote]

The caseworker had no issue with this - they have all your details already anyway.[/quote]

Thanks for this information. I have UK degree ans only end dates.But better option is leave this blank or used the date whatever written in Extension time.[/quote]
That's what I did, my school and year of graduation - its from UK too.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Jhumbo wrote:
valeed.naim2 wrote:
Jhumbo wrote:
onabanjo wrote:If your certificate has been submitted before there is no need for it to be sent again but if you are going for premium service ,that public enquiry office, PEO , I will suggest you have it as your back up documents but dont submit it unless asked and doubt if it would be asked. If you intend to go through postal application,please do not send your certificate.

Thanks for this information. I have UK degree ans only end dates.But better option is leave this blank or used the date whatever written in Extension time.
That's what I did, my school and year of graduation - its from UK too.
If your year of graduation is the same as the YEAR OF AWARD as stated on your Certificate and also as stated on your extension application,then its fine.This post is to awaken you from your initial posts which primarily is to douse the tension sorrounding the mistakes between your extension application and your coming ILR application.
Thank you