ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

date of application - in country rule - Urgent Apt 2nd may

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vjs8in

date of application - in country rule - Urgent Apt 2nd may

Post by vjs8in » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:44 am

I'm doing an ILR application and wanted to clarify if I should have been in UK exactly 5 years prior to the date of application.

I am applying about 20 days prior to the 5 year completion and have an in person appointment for 2nd May. I entered UK on 19th May 2008 ( Out of country, approved for EC on 17 may 08) which means on 2nd May I was still out of the country. Would this be accepted. Has anyone recently applied similarly. I would presume many cases for ILR would be similar to me. Could some one help clarify please, as my appointment is in the next couple of days.
Thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

That's fine. You can apply without any issues. One can apply 28 days before becoming eligible. Also you can count 5 yrs anniversary from your EC is you have entered within 90 days of getting the EC.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.