ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

processing time over 2 months?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black_bird

processing time over 2 months?

Post by black_bird » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Dear all,

I am due to apply for ILR in mid May! (visa expires in Jun).

I have found the below information on processing time (by post) from UKBA, the average processing time is over 2 months.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 024991.pdf

My questions are:

1. I would like to change job, but am I allowed to change job while waiting for ILR?

2. If I book face to face interview appointment, do I get results straight away? The difference is around £400 in fee.

3. If I live in London and it is difficult to book London appointment, is it possible to book something say in Sheffield?

Thanks!

Emrah

Re: processing time over 2 months?

Post by Emrah » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

black_bird wrote:Dear all,

I am due to apply for ILR in mid May! (visa expire in Jun).

I have found the below information on processing time (by post) from UKBA, the average processing time is over 2 months.

My questions are:

1. I would like to change job, but am I allowed to change job while waiting for ILR?

2. If I book face to face interview appointment, do I get results straight away? The difference is around £400 in fee.

3. If I live in London and it is difficult to book London appointment, is it possible to book something say in Sheffield?

Thanks!
if you are lucky you can get your visa back in 2 months it really depends how busy they are.

1- I think you can change your job why not? you can loose your job or want to get the better job for better money. but not too sure.

2- if everything is fine you get the result same day.

3- I think you can get the appointment anywhere you like.
Last edited by Emrah on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Emrah wrote:
black_bird wrote:Dear all,

I am due to apply for ILR in mid May! (visa expire in Jun).

My questions are:

Thanks!
1- I think you can change your job why not? you can loose your job or want to get the better job for better money. but not too sure.

2- if everything is fine you get the result same day.

3- I think you can get the appointment anywhere you like.
Thanks, I haven't tried booking yet. is it difficult to book? I think it is worthwhile to pay £400 extra if getting results on same day!!! cheers.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm

black_bird wrote: Thanks, I haven't tried booking yet. is it difficult to book? I think it is worthwhile to pay £400 extra if getting results on same day!!! cheers.
Somebody was complaning about the system crashes earlier. I never booked online appointment before so I cant comment on it if it is easy or not. If you dont wanna get stressed and want everything done in one day it definetly worths to pay £400 extra but remember there is £100 or so booking fee too.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Emrah wrote:
black_bird wrote: Thanks, I haven't tried booking yet. is it difficult to book? I think it is worthwhile to pay £400 extra if getting results on same day!!! cheers.
Somebody was complaning about the system crashes earlier. I never booked online appointment before so I cant comment on it if it is easy or not. If you dont wanna get stressed and want everything done in one day it definetly worths to pay £400 extra but remember there is £100 or so booking fee too.
Thanks! £100 booking fee!!! :(

One other question, the 1 year waiting period for getting citizenship, does it start from the day of getting ILR? I.e., if say it takes me 3 months before I get my ILR, does that mean my 1 year waiting period starts after 3 months?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:29 pm

black_bird wrote:One other question, the 1 year waiting period for getting citizenship, does it start from the day of getting ILR? I.e., if say it takes me 3 months before I get my ILR, does that mean my 1 year waiting period starts after 3 months?
The residential requirements for BC vary, based on how you gained ILR status. If you are applying for ILR as a economic migrant after 5 years residence in the UK, then you will be eligible to apply for naturalisation one year from the date you gained ILR status (this is not the date you applied for ILR, it's the date your ILR was granted = BRP issue date). See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... igibility/ for further information.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
black_bird wrote:One other question, the 1 year waiting period for getting citizenship, does it start from the day of getting ILR? I.e., if say it takes me 3 months before I get my ILR, does that mean my 1 year waiting period starts after 3 months?
The residential requirements for BC vary, based on how you gained ILR status. If you are applying for ILR as a economic migrant after 5 years residence in the UK, then you will be eligible to apply for naturalisation one year from the date you gained ILR status (this is not the date you applied for ILR, it's the date your ILR was granted = BRP issue date). See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... igibility/ for further information.
Thank you cs95tdg :)