ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address of Tax Office or Tax office Reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imagine2010
Newly Registered

Address of Tax Office or Tax office Reference

Post by Imagine2010 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 am

I have a slightly complex problem. We (wife and I) booked our NCS application to submit Form ANs on the 7/05.2013.

My wife started a new job last week and is currently struggling to get any information related to Q3.5 - address of the tax office or tax office reference from the employer. Without this information, we cannot do the submission and given that i had booked the appointment over 2months ago and i plan to travel next week...i am very worried that i will have to delay the process by >2mths.

What should I do?
Can she phone HMRC and say she just changed job and will they give her the address of her tax office? My worry is that HMRC may simply say,- thank you for letting us know your new company but we cannot tell you the tax office details, till your details are sent through to us.

Help - worried...worried...

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 am

Your wife's employer should be able to advise of their tax office ref. number/address.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 am

She still got a week to get it from her employer. If she can't get it, just leave that field empty. The HO could find her tax records using her NI number if they wish. Not having this field filled in will not affect her application. There is no need to postpone the NCS appointment.

Imagine2010
Newly Registered

Post by Imagine2010 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Thank you very much Guru and Jambo....i was getting worried.

I have again spoken to HRMC and they have advised that the Tax Office is centralised at Liverpool and from there all queries can be sent to their destinations. The informed me that all companies will use the same address i.e.

HMRC
PAYE Self Assesment
PO Box 1970
Liverpool L75 1WX

I am sure that this is correct, as there is also a centre in Cardiff and other places.

Has anyone used this on their application? - in the case where you do not have your tax office reference from the employer?